Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What a LOVELY evening!

Well after the awful start with a pounding headache along with some smell that sent my allergies for a spin I was feeling kinda reluctant to go to a stitching evening after work too. Yes I'd taken a couple of meds but it was not clearing and then the floor below started reconstruction on their offices alongwith their washroom being demolished at the same time - needless to say I was not the only one with a headache!!!!

OHHHH but we have both mens and ladies facilities on our floor opened up as of today! HOOORRRAAAAYYY for something good at work! Yes, I still spent the day crunching numbers and preparing letters and memos to go out for my Yearbook data! Okay enough of this onto the good stuff!

I prepared for my second set of classes in Hardanger starting tonight - this time for Christmas ornaments with metallics and crystals - WOW! - they are lovely. I saw some of the ornaments on display (designed by Carolyn Mitchell of Mrs. Twitchett's Eye) and there are a couple more she's still drafting up for this class. Well I was a might apprehensive with this headache but I can tell you after a very slow and scary start back into the stitching, I just about finished the homework on two ornaments in class and the last half hour I even participated in the conversations - guess I was relaxing by then - LOL! As soon as I have the homework finished on the ornaments we have supplies for I'll post a pic and then also the progress after each week (5 in total). I'm still debating what colour of metallics and crystals I'll choose with my offwhite canvas and white perle cotton - my tendancy is to lean to the dark green but they all are lovely!

Gosh I can't believe it but it's been just about a whole year since my first initiation class into Hardanger embroidery (placemat needs washing and finishing then a pic) and I did one little heart pincushion in between as a gift and nothing since! I was totally lost starting out tonight but my stitching neighbour was so helpful and even gave me a very easy tip for checking on alignment, I could have hugged her. So simple you needlework ladies will probably say DUH! but heck I did not know such. See you bring your needle up to the top and lay the thread across to the other side in the row of canvas and see if it lines up with the stitches on the other side - eliminates counting, missing stitches and/or crosseyed and having to start again!!! LOL!

So as soon as I finish checking emails I'm going to finish off the last few stitches and get the third canvas ready for tomorrow.

No comments: