Saturday, March 07, 2009

This n That!

Well mostly I've been trying to stay out of trouble and with no credit cards or overdraft needless to say my spending has dropped. Today I had another visit with the "parents" of the two dogs and their home that I'll be house sitting for very soon. It'll be slightly different but hopefully all will be okay and they'll enjoy their vacation and me sort of a vacation I guess. Then I got another surprise as they've asked if I would do this again in August for their other vacation - WOW, they've not even come back from the first trip and asking me for another!!!

And tonight I was at our LNS spring PJ stitching party and a slightly different group of ladies and PIZZA tonight!!! WOW! There was also some veggies n dip, chips n dip and fruit and dainties - lots of yummy stuff. I also accomplished more stitching than usual along with the "teen slang" word game we played - I was lousy at that though!

As for my 95 yr old Dad, well we all thought this may be the end all be all of his living on his own, but guess what??? Yep Florence and Elsie, the two caregivers so to speak, were called into a meeting today and apparently they have assessed Dad and he's "too good to go into a care home" so he was to be released from the hospital today but postponed till next week when arrangements can be made for homecare/meals on wheels etc. BUT heck he can barely walk never mind live and care for himself and his mind does wonder more so now than before - YIKES!!! Needless to say the girls are at their wits end trying to figure out how Dad will manage and deal with things out of his control now. I'm going home next weekend so will see how he's doing first hand. It sure is hard to see Dad become so frail and weak so fast and yet we've been very fortunate he's been so well so long.

Now I'm mostly working on some crazy patch blocks and postcards along with working on items for another quilt sale and show at my sister's again this summer. But this week I'm trying to stitch up some Aurora members' blocks for a comfort quilt for our member Ruth. I've also some Red Hat brooches to stitch up this next month or so for an order. I was at a nearby retreat last fall that some of the ladies made I Spy quilts an easy way and now I've ideas to use up my various "novelty" fabrics, just need the time.

All I can say is my hand stitching no matter what type is what I thoroughly enjoy to relax after my office day. I've just under two years to go to retirement and I'd really like to prepare my home and life so I can "relax" when it's time!!!

No comments: