Sunday, March 08, 2009

Comfort Quilt Update

Okay, I've mentioned that I was collecting various sized blocks from our Aurora members for a comfort quilt for one our quilters. Well I played a few nights with the blocks in hand and settled on a layout. Then finally Thursday I did a to scale miniature of paper to see if it would work in real life - I think so but then I'm not that great at figuring out exact sizes etc.

Well I started sewing up a few blocks on Saturday and today I finished up the top third section and I'm very very very pleased so far. If the rest sew up like these did (only one rippit and fixit) I should have the top finished by Friday - I hope at least!!!



So now I'm taking a breather with a nice mello cuppa of Chai tea and my pocket book and watch/listen to some curling for an hour and then I'll be back at it again. Ohhh and I put a pork roast into the oven with some garlic, onions and some left over potatoes for supper - it's already aromatic and it's only been half an hour in the oven!!! YIKES I think I might need some toast to tide me over till it is done!!! ROFLOL!!!

No comments: