Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another RR Block Finished!

Ohhhhh I think I need a rest after the off and on stitching this past couple of weeks or so!!! I must be sick, as I've had lots of inspiration and get up and go for catching up on my stitching.

Before

After

Yep, I received Janie's Oriental RR block (she's making a sewing caddy with it) Oct. 3/08 and have just completed my input. When I finally looked closely at it a few weeks ago I knew right away what I was going to do in one spot - the ginkoba leaf quilting pattern that I reduced to fit the space - which I used my moss green seed beads for the outlined shape. Then I used Watercolors silk floss and did the adjacent black/green seam finish of chains and straight stitches.



Then after checking out my CQI group's Build a Seam Challenge #12 of beaded feather stitch, I knew again what I was doing on that long purple seam on the back facing the Geisha Girl. So I again used the moss green seed beads for the three level feather stitch and an orange seed bead on the centre Vs free arm. But then to make it part of my challenge I then pulled out my recently received "Thread Swap" bootie and used all the orange Japanese Buttonhole (gosh I LOVE that stuff) for the daisies with a pale yellow seed bead centre and then a soft green bugle bead for a leaf beside each flower. I'm pleased with the overall effect and Thank You Kerry for challenging us!!!



Now I was going to work some more and realized that there were others to add to this so I'm hoping I've added sufficient and not too much! Gosh that is sure going to take some getting used to - that weighing where I am in the rotation list and how much space is available - to know how much I should do!!! Too much like WORK!!!

4 comments:

Judy said...

LOVE the gingko leaf!! It just jumped out at me!

Anonymous said...

Your work is wonderful. The whole group has done a great job on this piece.

Robin said...

Great before and after pictures! Also love the embellishing work you've done as shown in the detail pictures. You wrote earlier about using silk ties... I think you may enjoy this post.

Gerry said...

This is a beautiful piece. I love the colors.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the OWOH contest.

But I'm not the Gerry with the broken leg - thank goodness! LOL

Take care :-)