Sunday, July 13, 2008

Something Different

Well remember the stitching PJ party I was going to yesterday evening? And remember it was supposed to be a summer picnic complete with painted hennas by Kathryn? Well here's mine - I'm still not used to seeing something on my hand! LOL!



And then a nice surprise for me today too. I had called my sister about getting my second pantry and she tells me her daughter called and saw a picture of me with my orchid wall hanging in the freebie local Primes Time newspaper found in various store foyers! WOW!!! And then Linda who coordinated the gathering of various photos for the editor to choose from called saying she picked up a few papers for me (my Safeway didn't have any visible) so now I can't wait to read the article on the Guild's ABC quilts spearheaded by Vivian C - a long time MPQ guild member. Then a couple of hours later another friend called to chat and also tell me about my picture in the paper. Yep I's tickled pink!!!

4 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

Tee hee. You should be. I have plenty of copies for you.

Dale Anne Potter said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the newspaper exposure!!!
The start of good things I hope.

Robin said...

Hi Rose... In reference to your "about me" sidebar, I too have found quilting retreats to be the cat's meow and love making/embellishing fabric postcards. I'd like to do more. I think your blog will be an inspiration for me.

In your comment on my blog you mentioned linking to my solution for framing cards... Yup,that's fine with me... Thanks!

Nice henna... fun!

Susan said...

Congratulations on the newspaper recognition. How exciting!