Sunday, October 08, 2023

Catchup - Sept 6th-14th

Ohhhh I'm way behind!

Sept 6th

Well I was up early and at PanAm 6:45 to join the lineup. As I approached the door it was blocked and Security said the maximum was reached and suggested we find another walkin. Hmmmm not so easy, Lincoln was not open till 9 and by appointment, so went home called my Dr but no openings at all this week but suggested I go to Victoria emergency, so back to bed. Went to my Chiro appointment and she said I was a mess, DUH YEAH!!! I tried two more walkins but either not taking more or not open till 1pm. So home I went, threw fabric purchases in to wash and relaxing till supper. Guess it's a good thing I woke today feeling better than the other day, my ear I think is OK and I can talk and eat/drink so I think my throat is OK too, but very sore. Just my thumb is still giving me grief but bending a bit, hope that continues. 😉

Sept 8th

OOOHHHHHH I love AUTUMN, especially these days! I've had relaxation yesterday and today breakfast and making sure The Crew are out with me. I'll miss this very cute and well organized home but Angie's bought what I call the "acreage" and a mansion according to my view and moving soon. I'm not sure how I'll keep up with The Crew's shedding in that new place but October will come soon enough to find out! So hope this weather continues a few weeks yet!  

Now I'm tatting outside and hope the breeze doesn't increase.




Sept 9th

Well today was Sylvia and my first meeting with the Assiniboine Circle Quilters group and a nice introduction to the group and this year's programs/activities to look forward too. I won't be able to go to all meetings but will try to get Sylvia to as many as we can attend. Gosh my life is getting busier and busier!!! Both of us worked on our hand hexi projects.  

Now I'm outside with the crew continuing my project and listening to the Blue Jays on my tablet!


We're waiting, honest we're hungry!!!!


Sept 10th

Well it's coolish but I'm still having my coffee outside and The Crew are all out too! Guess it's cool enough for the Bernese to enjoy too! But what a ruckus they all stirred up when a squirrel up in the tree dared to venture down to jump onto the fence top and scurry away! They all took off on the chase barking!!! 😆ðŸĪŠ

Hey I thought with these coolish temps the wasps would be gone! I'm not happy they are still around!

Sept 11th

Ohhh I'm gonna miss this lovely compact bungalow and this awesome deck! So I've really been enjoying it this weekend with The Crew on these autumn days! The weather has mostly cooperated that I could stitch outside, today I'm tatting the last snowflake I need to finish off. Yes totally relaxing!!!

Wellllll I know I've tripped and fallen going UP STAIRS on my two legs, BUT I've never seen a dog on it's four legs wipe out on three steps! Yep an honest to goodness tumble rushing to go inside, good thing looks like no injuries!!! Lucky no one was behind too, or it could have been chaos, as none calmy walk, it's usually stampede time! <shaking my head>

My next visit and post will be from their new home, the 'acreage' and much larger bungalow home for Angie, Jamie and The Crew!!! She did promise no more pets or farm animals, I could only hope so! 😉


Dang it!!! I hit go back instead of saving an FB post showing how to make the wave block/quilt. I've searched 'wave blick' on FB and within my groups and can't find it. If by chance anyone saved it would you please re-post the link? Thank you.

Oh and tutorials came up with everything but that. 😉

OMGG, even I think its too early yet!!!


And now this is starting!!! ðŸĪŠðŸĪĢ


Sept 12th

Here's what I was looking for. Reminds me of Stack n Whack technique. Going to be an easy ABC quilt with my scraps.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/531935067016085/permalink/2288652548010986/?mibextid=9R9pXO

Well the other day I finished off tatting the last snowflake and yesterday buried all the ends and washed them. They are ready for the starching process today, hopefully a couple days then they can be sent off! ðŸĪ—ðŸĪ—ðŸĪ—

Majority are Pointed Medallion by Anne Orr and the larger one is Large Crystal Snowflake by Vida Sunderman with my idea of a crystal angel in the centre.


Sept 14th

I just picked up a shoe box full of garden tomatoes from Angie who is moving tomorrow. They were very bountiful this year! Thank you Angie!!! Who knows if the new owners will appreciate the tomatoes left behind! I sure hope so!


No comments: