Monday, October 30, 2023

Catchup - Oct 13th-21st

Oct 13th

OMGG, now it may have been a very early rise for me but WOW the sunrise over St Boniface and the Esplanade Riel Footbridge was breathtakingly beautiful! I wish I'd had the time to stop and take a picture!!!  

Then off towards Birds Hill Park and visit with the Crew! This was the first time I fed them all while they were in the house too and was totally amazed they were so well behaved, Angie you did a great job transitioning them to their new abode and routine! No more mad stampede, toes trampled on, from outside to their bowls!  

Shortly afterwards, I got settled into "my room" (guest room) and outside with my coffee and the Crew. Hope it stays descent so we can relax out in the fresh air!



Hey my first attempt at bird feeding pictures. I missed out on a Blue Jay right out front the huge windows on the spruce.

From inside the sunroom.

From the deck.

Not to worry I see you but you keep eating!



You came up but not to the feeder.

Back down again!!!!!

Oct 14th

Heavenly bliss out on the deck with my scones and coffee. HMMM the Bernese are snoozing in sight but the younger two are very quiet. Got up to see why, they're scouting along the fence line! HA HA HA it's either the neighbour or his cats keeping them nosy!!! Got a pic as they lost interest.


Well I've finally made my fresh veggies shrimp stir fry before they spoiled!!! Yummy! And thank you Angie for the wine from your 🦃 dinner!!! It was a challenge finding all the kitchen stuff but I managed!!!  

Ohhhh and I figured out how to sit on these 'small' stools, well for one anyways! Sit on the end one and pull side ones in and rest a foot on each stool's rung. Nice and comfy!


Beautiful out and in!!! Crew are enjoying it too!

Gosh I totally love this sunroom, hope it's a go in winter, especially on warmer days?


This is larger than my sewing/master bedroom. 

Love the sun rays!

The others are outside, not Sam!!!

Great for my tatting in here!

Oct 15th

UPDATE: I'm wrong in saying this bed has a foam topper, but it's still soft compared to my firmer home mattress. Maybe my pain too hampered my exit. Guess I gotta get back to my exercises too! I hate exercising!

Oooohhhhh it was not a good morning for me at all! I was woken up at 3:30 by severe hip pain, not spasms but intense steady pain. I tried to turn over but couldn't as the bed cradled me so well I was stuck. Finally in tears I got out, then just about tripped over Wheels sprawled across my doorway and carefully walked to the kitchen got my Tylenol and back to bed. It took some maneuvering to get comfortable and fell back to sleep till feeding time. Wheels was definitely underfoot, the biggest one yet too, but I stayed upright. Not a good start to my day!

So noonish I was walking a bit better but still achy so decided to visit Pineridge Hollow and afterwards drive into Birds Hill and get some garden produce from my friend!!! Thank you Colleen. She did comment I looked in pain, but at least better than the morning.

I LOVE the feel of this chair, but undecided.

This was so inviting, wanted to go climbing like I used to!!!  Needless to say there were signs to stay off the rocks!  Maybe it could be the cure all or do me min totally?

Contemplating life in this paradise! 




You can barely see the few red leaves on that bare tree!


Gravel pit across from Pine Ridge Golf Course.


My garden bounty!

Good morning! Well I still ache but slept through the night without pain.

WOW!!! Look what I retrieved from CP lockbox last night! Thank you Susan for the fabrics from our recent exchange. They are perfect for my Meals on Wheels placemats and I'm making a set for myself as there's lots of fabric. Also she thought I needed a gift and sent this nifty Amish like puzzle for a winter setting and quilty blank cards. Thank you very much!!!!! Love it all!


Oct 19th

I'm going for the first time!


Thank you Florence for dropping off the Zucchini, everyone said Thank You, and also Adele for giving me some colour and sprucing me up! And thank you to MPQ Cheryl for the batting cutoffs and scrappies! They'll be put to good use! Now relaxing on my tennis ball to relieve this sharp pain and watching the Jets!!!


Well I've finished off two more Meals on Wheels placemats for Assiniboine Circle Quilters group donations. These last ones are from a swap with Susan and I decided to save the green fabrics, maybe with the purple, to make myself a set as I love these fabrics.

Now to work on other projects, maybe some UFOs.



Oct 21st

UPDATE: I sent this to the MB Weather Centre and they replied. Awesome!!!

I took this picture downtown Winnipeg yesterday at 1:50pm. When I first saw it I thought it looked like a huge bird, it sure was moving fast. I've never seen such cloud formations like this, ribbon or ridge like. The dark formation beneath the cloud over top the buildings.


Another long day for me! Early pick up of Sylvia and another gathering at Assiniboine Circle Quilters, sewing and garage sale day! I finally decided on my plan of attack for their BOM and now hope to sew up blocks 2 and 3 tomorrow. See I've scrapped the jelly beans fabric and plan to use an opposite colour choice for the smaller HSTs in each block. Also Sylvia's two placemats for their Meals on Wheels requests.

Now I'm at Cabot Centre for Bravestone Centre's 9th Annual QUIZ NIGHT, my first such function. I hope it's a fun and lively evening as I'm low on energy already!


Block #1

Sylvia's placemats front and back.

No comments: