Sunday, October 08, 2023

Catchup - Oct 1st-8th

Oct 1st

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! I finally figured out Marlene Lewis's Square Bookmark with Buttons diagram afternoon with brief directions! Now it looks like it's supposed to be, onto finishing it. Sorry Marlene for butchering that first attempt!


Talk about clever!!!


Oct 2nd

Ohhhh I'm so very happy that I've finished off the tinsie winsie paper pieced Chickadee's postcards and they are out in the mail as RAKs except for mine (top one). The pattern is Chickadee by Brenda Groelz in Miniature Quilts Issue 50, I did the 4.5x3.5" size and added on both sides for 4x6" size. There are 37 pieces and lots of tiny ones in and around the birds. This was an introduction to a simpler PPd technique that Sylvia showed Edna and I this August - and I'm so very very glad she did. See it's turning back the pattern piece on the seam line and trimming the 1/4" seam allowance before adding the next fabric even with this edge. So much easier than what I was doing trying to make things fit.



Oct 3rd

Aaahhhhh I sure have messed up our lunch out these past year's! When Jeanette and Dianne are back I'll definitely make the time for a lunch out somewhere!!!


Well what a change a few hours make! Early morning thunderstorms, then heavy morning rains that had water on the windowsills, needless they were closed fast, to a beautiful evening! FALL, definitely a changeling!!!

About 8:30am.


Nothing this afternoon but it looked threatening. 

To this 6:45pm.

Great idea!


Oct 4th

Ohhh forgot to post Wednesday, guess I was tired!!! I again picked up Edna and dropped her off at Sylvia's. Then went to my appointment, then picked up Wok Box lunches for the three of us and back to Sylvia's to eat together. After that we headed out Hwy 75 (biggo mistake on my part) out to Winkler. So at Morris I headed west thinking I'd escape the construction, DANG, another major mistake on my part!!! Well we finally got to Road 17N to shop and visit some. Then checked out Winkler Fabrics Plus (didn't know about them) which is something like Fabricland but lower prices. After that headed out of town to Buttercup Greenhouse & Cafe for an afternoon snack. OMGG I'll be back here that is for sure, not only for the scrumptious desserts n coffee but for the interesting local artists' decor within!!! Yes definitely worth it!!! Thank you Road 17 N for suggesting this place!

Oct 5th

OKAY after a few stressing issues I've booked our hotel in Grand Forks for the Quilts on the Red Quilt Show. After that, all better be good with us to enjoy that two day trip! 🙄🤗🥰

Oct 6th

Oooohhhhh what a tiring but very productive day! Started out way tooooo early for a 9:30 am gathering at Assiniboine Circle Quilters for Meals on Wheels placemats and visiting. I also showed them why I ask for small scraps, my 4x6" postcards of the flying geese and chickadee. 

My selvedge placemats and backing.

Kit I bought from Jackie's stash, front and back.

Sylvia's two placemats, front and back.

Kit Sylvia bought from Jackie's stash, front and back.

My mini paper pieced postcards. 
My show n tell.

Afterwards took Sylvia home, did some grocery shopping and home to relax! NADA!!! See Berhane, my caretaker, suggested coming over to assemble my sewing tables extensions, I was not going to say no! He had a bit of issues but it's done and I have a good 12" backing on my tables and no more quilts etc falling behind onto the floor. Then I had curtain issues, decided not to cut anymore off as I can't find pleated curtains anymore and might need length in future? Good enough for me!!!

12" extension on attached brackets to the table, against the wall.   Curtains hemmed up. 

The leftover piece on brackets attached to the serger table. 

Enough for today, but soon need non-slip stuff added to brackets just in case.

I'm wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving to family and friends!!!  


Oct 7th

Here's a gourd, sitting on my doll chair, that I found at Freshco and couldn't leave it there!!!


Oct 8th

WOW!!!!!!!!! Today my hip is not looking forward to winter and for once hope it's delayed and shortened!!! 🤪


No comments: