Sunday, October 08, 2023

Catchup - Sept 18th-20th

Sept 18th

Well I even finished off the blues bookmark this week along with her snowflakes a couple weeks ago plus cut out various swapping juvenile 6.5 inch squares and 1930s FQ. She wanted them before October and they are ALL going into the mail today! YAHOOIEEE!!!

I didn't get her bookmark finished cause decided I didn't like it so scrapoed that idea and that'll be shipped in a card when done.


Closeup of special snowflake.




Sept 19th

Yeah!!! I've finally sewed up my cut off HSTs discards into 6.5" squares from a couple years of projects. Usually I give them to Adeline in Kenora but then decided to try using them in NICU 36-40" square quilts. I'll see after this one if I want to try anymore! Now I think I picked up a lighter pink for the inner sashing for a nifty effect. Maybe tomorrow I'll proceed to that step.


Sept 20th

What a lovely day for a stroll through Royalwood, seeing some older carvings and a few newer ones along with a couple works in progress! Even tried last minute to call Cindy to maybe join us!
I TOTALLY ❤️❤️❤️❤️ AUTUMN, COLOURS AND DECENT WEATHER TOO!!!! 🍂🍁🍂
We finished off with Oakwood Cafe borscht and cheese toast with shared apple pie and ice cream with drizzled carmel sauce.
























Sept 20th

This evening I've sewed in the between the blocks sashing in the three rows. Then began the sashing rows between block rows. Might have the top finished Friday as I'm busy tomorrow. The HSTs blocks are cutoffs from previous year's projects. So an UFO soon finished for a NICU cover quilt (36-40" square)!



No comments: