Sunday, October 08, 2023

Catchup - Sept 21st-30th

Sept 21st

Ohhhh my how true!

All I can say is I know I'll not be around to fully comprehend how some of this young generation handles life ahead. I just shudder at the madness ahead!





Sept 22nd

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!! I've finally finished my first NICU quilt top. Now to figure out how to finish it off - see there are a few variations I've heard.  

1. Top, batting and cotton back

2. Top, batting and flannel back

3. Top and flannel back only

AND I'd rather get it right, right off the start!!! When completed it'll fit in as my completed UFO this month too! HSTs are from cutoffs over the past few years.


Sept 23rd

Finally NHL hockey 🏒 has started!!! I'm watching LA Kings vs AR Coyotes playing in Melbourne Australia, first time there and in the southern hemisphere! WOW!!!!

I know I said I love AUTUMN 🍂 🍁 but here's the proof! See I called Edna and suggested a walk to Tall Grass Prairie Bakery on Westminster even in this unpredictable weather! It was nice except for the 20 minutes of rain but thankfully we were under the Bakery's overhang and stayed mostly dry. The walk home was a bit damp but I still enjoyed it and Edna was happy I suggested it.

This was yesterday out my window.

Just beautiful!!!

That couple in their bright slickers cooperated wonderfully!   Sorry Edna for the not so gracious picture of you!  😘  You're a sweetheart!





Sept 24th

Okay two days I've been working in tandem on three of these paper pieced chickadees. Today I finished piecing the various 6 sections for each bird and then decided to sew one together making it into a 4 x 6" postcard size. This pattern is for a 4.5 x 3.5" size designed by Brenda Groelz found in Miniature Quilts Issue 50. I totally LOVE this one even if there are 37 pieces to this 4 x 6" project with MANY ITTY BITTY pieces in the bird! Now I can't wait to sew together the other two birds and then complete the postcards and get two sent out, one is mine!!!  
ISN'T HE A BEAUTY!!! I LOVE chickadees!!!


Sylvia stitched this for me, one of her UFO's completed, gifted and very proudly on display at my place!

At Birds Hill Park with friends. 
Love this shot!

At Birds Hill Park again.

It took patience to stay so still for a few feedings!!!

Sept 25th

I'm excited as I get to visit the Crew in their new home out Birds Hill Park way and check out their new routines etc!

What a lovely day for a ride out Garven Road/Birds Hill Park area. I now know how to get to the Crew and boy do they ever seem relaxed here compared to their previous home. Obviously the country vibes and air is more soothing, especially for Griff. They still were excited to see me, even the foster dog who's there only a few days. Yep lots more room to romp in and outdoors, even when Sam is leashed they can go for a long stroll to the back of the yard and into the neighbour's property onto the groomed trail he made for her and the dogs. Won't be me, but they sure enjoy that spontaneous go for a walk instead of driving to the floodway for such. I'm jealous!!! That's lits of yard to look after!  
And then the view out my window!!!



Here's the whole Crew!
Back is Lexi the newest addition, brown one is King the foster, next to him his Wheels with Griff just behind and Sam in front!!!

Out my window!
Sept 26th

What a lovely day out with Sylvia and Edna today! We started off with advance voting at the Forks, then shared a three piece pickeral fish n chips at Fergies! YUMMY!!! Then walked some of it off checking out the limited shops there now but I picked up two mugs on sale. 


Then over to Tall Grass Prairie for sweet treats before heading out to OMA's for some more shopping and chuckles at our matching tops! 


Guess we sometimes have the same tastes! Afterwards drove into Niverville MCC picked up the vase and met up with Audrey before heading down through St Adolphe onto St Mary's and back into Winnipeg. Definitely a lovely road trip!!!

Sept 27th

Ohhhh my, I've been kinda mopey this plastic week and not keeping on top of things! Gotta shape up!

Anyways Sylvia helped me cut my selvedge foundations so I could get two placemats out. Then I found this lovely Hawaiian fabric that was given to me and now I know where to use it up! So my first two placemats for the Assiniboine Circle Quilters group project will soon be complete.



Ohhhhhh it was so very lovely to see the Northern Lights Lace group ladies again and missed those not able to attend. Awesome too that Michelle was able to come join us AND then the two of us went to Boston Pizza for a yummy lunch and more conversation!!! 🥰💞 I needed this!!!!!

Sept 29th

Ohhhh boy, another pattern which I know why I like written out instructions better than diagrams! This is the first try of Marlene Lewis's Square Bookmark with Buttons pattern and I've had many rippits and I'm only on the first square!!! I think I've figured it out now but it's slow going. 🐌 I know I've an error in the two corners - it shows elongated rings but now I see I did it totally wrong!!! I think I'm going to just finish this square as I began and restart hopefully correctly on the new one?


Sept 30th

What a lovely day! With Sylvia and Edna I headed out on another road trip, first Boston Pizza lunch in Portage la Prairie then onwards to Brandon. We stopped into Fabriculous and Mama Bears quilt shops then a coffee break at McDs before supper at Applebee's. We were joined by Edna's girlfriend Vivian from Brandon and our sisters Elsie and Florence from Dauphin - nice surprise! Lovely food and company!!! Then headed back to Winnipeg and somewhere east of Carberry this HUGE orange harvest moon serranated us for at least an hour. Edna and I had a guessing game on what it looked like with each of it's changing phases! Well we saw a burger, bum, Man in the Moon, head with top hat, head with wispy bangs, and various renditions of clouds shading the moon some like veils and others like curtains! Very entertaining and I truly wanted to stop and take some pictures - but traffic in the dark was a bit intimidating for me. So have to settle with this shot from my apartment. It was very bright if no clouds nearby!



No comments: