Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Catchup - June 25th-28th

June 25th

Very attractive!


Thank you Cindy and Janice for a lovely visit and supper at Saffron's. I can vouch for the appies of Greek Sliders and Bruchetta (my meal), scrumptdelicious!!! Ohhh and the lime Marguerita Bulldog was as I remembered it to be!!!! The rain even let up so we could depart! Then talk about AWESOME, I was able to shut off the AC, that really was not cooling the apartment off, open the windows and enjoy instant cooling relief! Now it would be great if that was it for summer temps and now into fall temps???

June 26th

Ohhhh after taking Sylvia to the Park Cafe for lunch we stopped into Pat n Randy's. I got to see the completed stone painted yard decor that Sylvia started painting for their yard years ago! So beautiful!!!!!! She's so talented!!!


June 27th

I've finished Rail Fence #1 quilt top a couple days ago and working on Rail Fence #2. I've rearranged heart blocks for an inset border and sewn them in rows today. Sooner I get this top done sooner I can get them outta here! Now I'll either check OMA's or Mooks for a creamy/sand for 1" borders either side of the hearts and maybe more wide backing for these two.

AND I've cleared a path into my apartment without obstructing access to the other rooms for the soon to be delivered manual reclining loveseat. BYE BYE this broken uncomfortable recliner chair! The entrance into livingroom from the hallway is totally open, a first since moving in 7 years ago! I might find a narrow bench to put shoes on there with a drawer for my walking stuff underneath.

Okay this clearing or purging has me deciding to recycle my old Kenmore machine very soon to clear floor space. It's had three servicing past 15 years because of feed dog sewing issues and last time was told to trade it in, but not accepted as such. Unless there is someone who can use some parts from it, please let me know, otherwise next week it's a gonner.  So I'm keeping the feet as they are interchangeable with my Janome and my niece's Kenmore which has different feet than her Mom's or my machines that she likes.  Also I'll hang onto the manual and foot pedal combined plug in, maybe someone's lost their's in travels and would like them?  But this is pick up in Winnipeg MB only or postage paid by you.  I've been told that MCC thrift stores may take this and fix or use as parts, so that will be my course of action.


June 27th

Oh oh oh what a day it's been!!! Yes I'm still flying high now that I've supped!

See even though early morning was a might rough I still managed to pick up Edna, Sylvia and Dianne for a road trip today! We headed down 59 to St. Pierre to their MCC thrift store, then a lovely visit with Adiena and shopping before heading to Steinbach. There we stopped into 10,000 Villages before meeting Sylvia's daughter Diane for lunch at the delicious Main Bread & Butter Company, then various stores before heading for McDs for afternoon refreshments. We all shopped quite well and some frugally. Then back to the city, to drop off Dianne, items for Aunt Monica's Attic, then Sylvia and Edna and home to put up my feet! PHEW!!!! It was a long day that's for sure but I've been told everyone had a great visit, good food and a wish to go again!

No comments: