Friday, June 24, 2022

Catchup - June 18th-24th

June 18th

Look at this stupid nail on the thumb I got caught under the sewing needle screw months ago!  I cried from the pain!  It's finally grown out to the edge from before the cuticle where it was caught/damaged.  Hopefully now I'll keep my fingers out of there when removing pins in future.  Hope that hump grows out too and a normal nail forms again!


OMGG so much for enjoying the deck and protection from the sun! This happened in the last hour or two as it was good before lunch when I let the dogs out! I'm hopeless when it comes to ladders! Also I swear I'm a jinx!



It's 8:50pm and Wheels walks into the room plunks down and all three look at me spooking me out! By the time I grabbed the camera their interests changed! I'd sure like to know what they were thinking at that same moment???


June 19th

Talk about a similar taste in patio decor?Remember our walk Janice, Monika and Carolyn Aug 28, 2020?



Not fortunate to get all of us on the couch this time. Sam is not interested I guess! More keeping an eye on the neighbours!



They obliged after a treat!

At the RRX at the Quilts display with Lucy my hexies cohort! Beautiful display and congratulations to the ribbon winners!!!

Update: just letting you know I'm OK and whatever incident happened at the Ex was before my being in that area exiting for home.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/

So this is what happened just before I was leaving the park 7:30ish. Glad I stopped to enjoy my mini donuts or I'd been walking through there closer to the occurrence.




June 21st

Ohhhh it's been TWO YEARS since I met the little one who's turned into a slightly bigger "shit" who wants to be the boss!!!!! Hope you both stay upright while out relaxing!

So danged cute!!!


June 24th

I call it quits for tonight! I'm pooped plus achy too!

So from a thrift store find, Quilter's World, May 2015 magazine, I decided I wanted to make the scrappy hearts border found in Charming Butterflies by Holly Daniels on my second scrappy rail fence quilt top. BUT I totally did not want to play with HSTs at all. So I sewed 2.5" squares and 2.5x4.5" rectangles instead! Then I just trimmed to 1/4" seam allowance size. LOTS EASIER on me and I'll have mini cream triangles as leaders/enders to sew to other varied printed trimmings. If not me, then Adeline sure will get lots for her hand stitched projects!

My sketched out plan similar to the pattern.

My pieces

Using my trusty seam presser until I've a few for the iron pressing. 

All pressed and left is trimmed to size.

My rail fence quilt plan.  Darker cream 1" inner borders on each side of hearts - or maybe not - will see after hearts are sewn on.

No comments: