Friday, June 17, 2022

Catchup - June 11th-17th

June 11th

Ohhhhhhh!!!!  My brother-in-law Len's memories!


June 12th

Finally another UFO completed! I bought this "quilt in a tin" JUST for the tin for my hand sewing project items! It's finally free of fabric and put into use.
And it's now gifted for Edna's new apartment!






WOW!!! Awesome Montana's supper with Florence in from Dauphin, with Sylvia too. Then a short stop at McPhillips Street Station where both Florence and Sylvia came out ahead and I lost $10.25 - they don't make money off us that's for sure!!! 😃

So it's been a lazy but productive weekend. First off I added the side borders on the Raggedy Ann and Andy panel, it's blue pieced backing, the gold 1.5" inner borders on the two rail fence scrappy quilt tops and finished off the piano keys 5" border on one quilt top. Then tomorrow I'll finish off with the 2.5" brown outer border on the piano keys quilt top. The other rail fence top will get a scrappy hearts wide border with the brown outer border.




June 13th

Well I finally set up my portable floor/window AC! What a relief it is!

June 14th

WOW, but I need thick cushions!


Holy shit that thunder crack was close.
It shook my apartment!!!!!
Pouring like crazy!!!!


That loud thunder crack 2:30ish was supposedly a hit on the lightning rod on Edna's block, Lions Place.  All is good and her son was there when it rattled windows etc.   But fire trucks arrived and they checked all out.  All was good.

June 16th

Well a productive day, various errands taken care of including stopping at Shoppers for some Hydrocortisone anti-itch cream for my bug bite allergic reactions! (Angie told me this, not ointment but cream. It works wonders!) I've used triple polysporin before and that worked but ointment is sticky. Well while there the pharmacy clerk told me about Mozi-Q chewable tablets you start taking before your outdoor event, then stop when back inside and it works. This I'll try out! So back to A1-Nutrition for my stash! Hopefully future outdoors will have less bug spray usage!!!!


It was awesome to finally gather with fellow quilters at the hall for the last MPQ meeting until September! It was a visiting evening, catching up and viewing some awesome shown n tell. I even introduced my sister to Lori Suss of Night Owl Quilting & Dye Works, a longer quilter, to chat about custom quilting in the future! This is Arley's beauty! WOW!!!


June 17th

Lovely 18C day outside. I'm testing my Mozi-Q and doing a bit of stitching! See the "Quilt in a Tin", I'm putting it to good use!



OMGG!!!! It's going to be 6 years and this baby is still not completed! I was sooooo frustrated with my Steam a Seam 2 (which I always use) on this project that it's shelved as each feather etc needs to be stitched down but first I need to tack the loose ones down or replace! I gotta finish it this year!!!!!!
And here's Sylvia's finished and displayed at the MPQ April 2018 quilt show.

Memory from November 6, 2016
This week I've started to build my HERON wall hanging and put together the water, head and body so far.
Then I continued with my HERON but so frustrating as the pieces keep coming up, the fusible is not sticking down, iron maybe too hot. So will need to reinforce the larger pieces to adhere soon onto the backing. SHEESH!!!




And today my table/couch topper has been shown off on the quilt shop's FB page.  Hopefully next month there may be a chance to get another on sale? 


Lastly Jeanette knows me good!


No comments: