Monday, October 18, 2021

Catchup - October 10th-18th

Oct 10th

Wonder if my baby will be washed clean? And cacti are watered and soon brought in till springtime!




Relaxing time waiting patiently for Mom!
Bubba was next to me, then Dahli jumped from the couch back and squeezed in! He just let her to! BRAT!!!!



Whatcha gonna do about it!

Like seriously!!!

Oct 12th

These are amazing!


Oct 13th

Hmmmm totally forgot to post a walk and coffee yesterday with Edna! I wasn't feeling 100% so thought getting out for a casual walk a good idea! Felt a bit better afterwards! Then today another shorter and slower walk before running some errands. These are Edna/Laurie's late blooming roses - beautiful! And Edna's flannel kids hexies quilt - donation for MPQ ABC program.






Front

Back

Oct 14th


Well it's going to be a quiet weekend for me! Relaxing, tatting, hexie stitching, ZOOM meeting and lunch with Sylvia! And these three aren't as rambunctious as in the past so that's good!  

I'm sitting, treat please!!!  Well Griffin is a bit slow to follow.

So I finished off another Candlelight Snowflake pattern by Sabina Carden-Madden, I'm halfway finished, hopefully a major dent over this weekend. Watching hockey and will wind shuttles for tomorrow's start again. At least I've the pattern figured out and just about memorized! 😉🤞

Not starched as yet.

Oct 16th

What a lovely day compared to yesterday's chilly n raining, where I had to turn on the heat as my toes and fingers were cold, today heat off and outside enjoying the sun and coolish fall! Weird!

First was a short ZOOM chatting session with 3 Aurora gals stitching my hexies together, before heading off to MPQ book, raffle tickets and ABC quilt drop off! Now a late lunch outside with the crew!!!


First time stitching patterns from this book! Only I reduced the patterns 50% so they'll fit onto 4x6" fabric postcards! 



Not sure which one I'll actually use. The one on the left I did it by pressing under edges of each piece and hand stitching, slightly uneven. The one on the right I used paper patterns on the underside, glue stick allowances into place and hand stitched, more precise! 🤗



Ha Ha Ha!!!


Oct 17th

It's a bit chilly but so beautiful out that I'm having a late breakfast outside with the crew. They were relaxing until Sam took off like a greyhound and the chase was on - the Bernese lasted 5 minutes! 🤣




Oh dear, oh dear, where in the world can I find weather year round like today????? I'm still soaking up this autumn glory even with traffic noises! Even Sam and Wheeler agree with me! I'm thinking of bringing my tatting outside to not lose out on this phenomenon!


Hmmmm might have to rethink this theory! I'm not a beach person but loved the ocean and the shaded beds on the beach in Cuba!


Thank you Nestor for joining me for this walk around Kilcona Park, the inside area a large off leash dog park, off McIvor and Lagimodiere! A lovely day for a walk.

These aren't small trees! 


I told Nestor this was Manitoba's type of beach, from across the pond!

One of two we saw.

Smorgasbord of beaver cuttings!  I sure don't want to come in contact with those TEETH!!!

And the trail to the water from that cutting area!

And the treasure trove of young branches for winter fodder!

Obviously someone else thinks so too!


Well dogs are out doing there thing lazily and I'm set up for outdoor tatting!  What an awesome day!


Oct 18th

Lots to be thankful for today!

Well my Dr just called and all abdominal and hip tests are clear, pointing to an abdominal muscle strain that will get better! Good. There is osteoarthritis in my hip but not serious yet, keep walking and eventually a hip replacement. 

So good to know and back to my walking but paying attention to my body aches and pains!

No comments: