Sunday, October 24, 2021

Catchup - Oct 18th-24th

Oct 18th

Ohhhh I wanted something a bit different so switched to coloured beads and tatted the same pattern Candlelight Snowflake by Sabina Carden-Madden. Supposed to be burgundy and Emerald green. Well I've gone to three local sources and these are the best colourwise.

I was told NOT to use these years ago. I bought one but not used as a marker!

Oct 19th

Chilly or not I decided to go for a walk in a park somewhere! So Kildonan Park it was where Edna and I joined Nestor for a short walk. It was much nicer in protected areas but crisp in the wind but awesome in the sunshine!





This is one MONSTER of a Cottonwood! 


Nestor's IPhone has Measure app and this is what it said the width was!   Us three could not join hands around it.



WOW!!!  Hope that huge woodpecker that Nestor saw here found some bugs for all it's work!!!

Some time last year my friends and I took a picture not far from a huge Cottonwood tree here somewhere in the gardens, but that's gone now. 


Oct 20th

Yeah I'm learning something new in tatting - Celtic weaving as one tats the chains! This pattern was published in the IOLI 'The Bulletin' Summer 2019. I've completed Round 2 and decided to stop before I'm too tired and mistakes start to happen! Heck now that I figured out how to tat and weave, I just might try the troublesome Shamrocks again!



This is the artist in Bois des Esprits in Royalwood.

Look what's new on Sylvia's door when I went to pick her up for the MPQ ZOOM meeting at my place! Love it!!!


Oct 21st

Hmmmm was quite disgusted with myself missing the triple bead picots on the second round but was just starting the second pass and noticed so continued without beads too! I like this very much so will try it again but noted on the pattern which rounds have the triple bead picots and colour changes too! Still needs washing to set stitches and to decide what I'm going to do with it?

The Celtic Chain Donut Pendant by Patti Duff.


Oct 22nd

Ohhhh thank you Cindy for meeting me for a walk AND showing me the AWESOME new carvings and sitting items in Royalwood's Bois des Esprits! Beautiful day to catch these pictures!

https://www.saveourseine.com/bois-des-esprits


Cool!!!




This one had gone missing from it's original spot but someone stuck it here! 



Lovely new sitting items!


These two Oldies I don't recall seeing before!
The bottom one is decaying and losing parts.

Love this bend!

Left side!

Right side!

Another spot of calm waters and reflections! 

Across the creek!

Pelican or Heron?

Carving markers.

Oct 23rd

Sewing day at Syvia's instead of the Dryden Quilt Retreat. We're with you girls in spirit!

Update: a lovely day with Sylvia being the first to finish one of her projects! Edna and I sewed lots of selvedge foundation pieces but not finished projects and Pat worked on a small sized paper pieced project. We'll see what we have tomorrow for pictures.



Oct 24th

Lobby decor!

A huge heartfelt Thank You to Sylvia for hosting our private quilting retreat Saturday and Sunday! It was awesome and we all were quilt productive.  

Yesterday Sylvia joked that Pat should get a prize for the noisiest sewing machine, I clicked in and knew the exact prize for her. So once home I found my various cuts of batiks she can use in her Christmas hanger. Well Shucks need for the other two! Well Edna was easy as she admired the green tiny circles fabric I had, so an FQ for her. Sylvia mentioned she needed some lighter batiks so I found some in my charm pack along with a hand painted blue she could use in her landscapes! So I labeled them: Pat for noisiest sewing machine, Sylvia for first finished project and Edna for largest selvedge pieces foundation sewn!

Their prizes!  Mine is the joy of sharing! 

Today Pat sewed up her small paper pieced blocks into a table runner (needs borders etc) then sewed up her selvedge foundation after seeing us having fun. 




Sylvia added the binding on one quilted placemat of the set of 4 then sewed her selvedge toiletries bag and also created her version of two mug rugs! Cool! 



Edna wanted to make a selvedge zippered bag and just about finished it, taking a break and sewed a B&W zippered toiletries bag. 



I basically dumped my TWO large bags at separate times pulling out selvedges as needed for Edna then switched to my Canada selvedges for various mug rugs I'd cut out a ways back. I even used the selvedges sewn from the back and folded to the front and stitched in place. I also sewed a selvedges mask for Edna after she admired my yucky first attempt!

One huge bag, the size of IKEA's small bag!


Cool, needs nose wire put in.

We took turns with meals, ending off with supper at Southdale Village Family Restaurant and carrot cake with tea back at Sylvia's before going home to CRASH!!!!

These are from the Senior menu!!!

Cake n tea at Sylvia's. 


No comments: