Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Catchup - Aug 14th-19th

Aug 14th

Thank you Barb for the small stitch n gab session today.   It was lovely to visit in person!  Also thank you to Dianne and you for the purged items for Adeline, Monica and myself.  Very much appreciated!

This was copied from a friend’s post but it sorta sums up the bullying that is happening to mask wearers both physically and emotionally of late ===== 

Not sure how being considerate to others for the common good is now being mocked and called living in fear , but it needs to stop.... 

When I wear a mask over my NOSE and MOUTH in public and in the stores/Supermarkets/Pharmacies/Offices - I want you to know the following: 

 πŸ”΅ I'm educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still can give you the virus. 

 πŸ”΅ No, I don't "live in fear" of the virus; I just want to be part of the solution, not the problem. 

 πŸ”΅ I don't feel like the "government controls me". I feel like I'm an adult contributing to the security in our society and I want to teach others the same. 

 πŸ”΅ If we could all live with the consideration of others in mind, the whole world would be a much better place. 

 πŸ”΅ Wearing a mask doesn't make me weak, scared, stupid or even "controlled". Makes me caring and responsible. 

 πŸ”΅ When you think about your appearance, discomfort, or other people's opinion of you, imagine a loved one - a child, father, mother, grandparent, aunt, uncle or even a stranger - placed on a ventilator, alone without you or any family member who is allowed at their bedside.....Ask yourself if you could have helped them a little while wearing a mask.

 I Copied and posted......Who's going to do the same?

Aug 17th

Aug 18th

Well ran some errands and dropped off 14 masks to Tracy (picked up another order for 10 too) before treating myself to iced Chai latte (skim milk) from Fools n Horses and a salmon rice bowl from Poke Mono for lunch and relax at home before a gazebo visit with Eileen and drop off their masks!



Aug 19th

What a lovely lunch with Jeanette and Dianne at Bah Mi King today!  But gosh is it ever scwelchingly HOT out there!  Also thank you Jeanette for ghe fabric/trims donation! Monica's dog has claimed the fleece blanket already and it matches the little sitting room purple decor!  Thank you!!!!  πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž

OOOOHHHHHH look what has finally arrived in my hands after a round about way!!!!!  I'm going to have a nice time this weekend tatting with them.  Thank you Deana for your help with delivery!  Just sorry I couldn't get to London, ON myself to pick them up and visit too!  I'm truly in love with this designer's shuttles!



Also completed the 12 mediums, 10 smalls (new request) and 2 childs (a gift - at least I hope so) and some delivered today too!  Now I'm going to work on scrub caps for my dentist tomorrow and the weekend off from machine sewing to hand applique and tatting!



No comments: