Saturday, August 08, 2020

Catchup - Aug 2nd-8th

 Aug 2nd

STUPIDITY!!!!!  DEFINITELY NO BRAINS!!!!!

Aug 3rd

WOW what a lovely evening for a walk with Edna!  This time I chose the Sterling Lyon Parkway, Thundering Bison Trail, from Kenaston Blvd to Waverley Street and back. We passed maybe six walkers and a dozen cyclists, lots better than the other busier trails we've been on and this time no mosquitos!  And this one brought us just about to my 6.5 km goal!!!!


Gotta be true, as they aren't going by elevated cases = closures!!!!

Do any of my quilting friends have this book I can please borrow to make one quilt from inside?  I've checked and it's like $100 plus from Amazon.  🙏🙏🙏

Awesome!!!

Aug 4th

YUMMY!!!!!  Thank you Angela and Michelle (Cathy) for the beet leaves!

OMGG Jim Burdeny you must have a vehicle Doreen could dress up for your driveway with wild flowers or grasses?

I'm definitely making myself one for quick pressing with a mini iron!


Aug 5th

In other words for true representation you need to take the globe and flatten it with Vs to lay it out!

Maps

Aug 6th

Oooohhhhh I'm very very happy my dentist's checkup went very smoothly and no issues and only a $27 bill after insurance coverage! 🤗🤗🤗🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🎉🎉🎉 

Then to top it off I was asked to sew up some scrub caps for the staff.  So am going to sew up a SMALL, MEDIUM and LARGE hopefully next week and take it over for checking on sizes (pattern I've found similar to their sample is only the one size - medium looks like).  No I'm not going into these, just for my dentist!!!!!  😉

Yeah!!!!!  Well I finished off some medium plains for Adele's  shop and also an order too. Maybe if things work out I may drop them off tomorrow!

Aug 7th

My niece received her package of masks, she picked this fabric and I'm sure it'll camo lovely with her outfits!

April's choice 

My choice

Here's a purging/recycling request for those in Winnipeg!  My friend Monica at Aunt Monica's Attic, Regent Ave East, has a request for the following for dog beds or kids crafts: 

1. Comforters, quilts, blankets and pillows (stains OK, will be washed) 

2. Fancy, cottons or upholstery fabrics and trims, small or big, for bags and kids or dolls costumes 

3. Decorative socks, either singles or pairs, for upcoming crafts projects 

4. Beads, sequins or laces/trims of all sizes and types for bags, costumes or crafts 

So you can contact Monica directly or PM me and I'll arrange pick up and drop off at the store along with my periodically purged items.

Now this is awesome for an extra cupboard, pull out but yet closed for safety too!  I think this is great to hang rulers etc under the cutting or pressing station!  Thank you Jenniffer Howling of Quilting Space for sharing!

Totally enjoyed a lovely supper with Pat at Joey's on Kenaston with happy hour priced drink!  Supper Terriyaki rice bowl for me and Curry noodle bowl for Pat - both yummy!!!


Aug 8th

Aaaahhhhhh this came up from a Memories of 4 Years Ago.  I miss you Katsu sweetie!

Thank you Merle for the Martingale.com link to the Fancy to Frugal book I wanted, $26 for an ebook compared he crazy prices on Amazon.ca that's for sure!  So now I've my 1930's pattern for my reproduction stash!  Another project on my to do list!

Pat asked for a couple masks yesterday, so I finished off some I had cut out and now she's a good selection to choose from!  AND unless things go crazy, I've a nice stash of prepared masks for future requests.  Once I complete the scrub caps, I'll get back to a few more masks off and on, that way no added pressure!  At least I hope so!


No comments: