Monday, February 05, 2018

My Treadle Singer!

Well some 40 plus years now I've been checking second hand and antique stores alongwith Kijjii/Amazon for a similar to my Mom's Singer treadle machine.  No luck so far except at an MCC store but not for sale!  Lots of electric motor ones but not the treadle.

Well lately Ricky mentioned a friend of her's was going to dismantle ironwork for junk and burn the cabinet - - I wanted to see it before I decided to take it.  So on Saturday I went to check it out and NO it's not like my Mom's - its older model with bullet bobbins from 1924 - but for free I could not pass up a working treadle.

Checking it out at owner's home.

Today they helped me load it into my car and one of the tenants here helped me get it out and upstairs.  I've not tested it yet but will one day.  So here's my newest acquisition which I'm going to leave in the living room and use it while listening/watching my sports.  I did offer to finish sewing her grandmother's Dresden plate quilt top on it to show my appreciation.





Similar to my Mom's except a treadle and uses normal metal bobbins ehich my Kenmore still uses and fairly plain.

Now to continue my purging so I can rearrange this room to show it off better too!

1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What a wonderful find! I have a treadle machine that I found at an antique shop for a ridiculously low price. I cleaned it up and got it working, but I have no place to set it up for use. Luckily, one of my daughters loves it and will move it to her home one day.