Friday, February 02, 2018

Chilly Winter Day!

WOW I'm getting ready to go for my walk rushing as I slept in and what did Jack Frost do!  He painted mountains and trees in foreground eith the sun trying to peak through the cloud cover for me that I just had to post!  Now just imagine any ski chalet scenery!


OK I finally got out the door and met Eileen in the Outlet Collection Mall for a walking visit.  Eileen and Angela both have longer legs plus half my size and a faster pace than me but this time I did not to bad keeping up with Eileen's slightly reduced speed.  And we talked with only a couple of times I had to take a breath and have some water before continuing.  The map is really funny when one is making rounds in a confined place.  At one point we were doing 7.0 km/hr - WOW!!!  This time we had a late lunch there and I had Udon noodle shrimp soup with half taken home for my supper!  Great day!


Not sure what this measure means but I know I walked faster than my usual 5.5 km/hr pace.

I had stopped at Costco for a couple of things and as I was leaving an older woman accidentally slammed her cart into my ankle bad enough that my knees buckled.  Lucky I had a cart too or I'd probably have crumpled to the floor.  She connected to the tender just about blister so it brought tears of pain.  She felt bad and a number were offering to get ice and assist me to my car.  I stepped to the side to recover before heading out.  Glad no broken skin etc.  But dang that stings!!!

No comments: