Thursday, January 12, 2012

It Was One of Those Days!

You know the kind - like you know you shouldn't have gotten out of BED!!!  Yep that was me today and it just progressed from bad to worse me thinks.
First off I was achey and miserable feeling but decided to go to work regardless. I trudged through the morning and realized I needed to make a deposit so off to the bank.  On my way back my right eye just CRIED real tears that with the windchill was kinda freezing in it's own pathway.  Then I started sneezing and thought what the heck but in the meantime I was back at work and getting settled in.  Well besides the still crying one eye I now had a one-sided nose bleed - thank goodness it was shortlived. 

OK settled into work but the "network" sure was doing it's best to irritate me and other co-workers double time today.  I even "misread" an email and tried to get others to sort this out only to find out like half hour later that it was ME who could not read properly.  UGH!!!  Well at least I sent out an email apologizing for my mistake.  By this time, I'd had enough, but this evening I was starting my Zumba Aquacise classes - hmmmm wondered how I'll do there.

I can say honestly NOW that I SHOULD HAVE STAYED HOME!!!  I picked up Florence and was heading over to get Pat but again they didn't hear my honking so I proceeded to get out of the van.  There's nothing to it right?  WRONG!!!  My right boot back lace got itself hooked onto the seat slider handle so when my left foot touched the snow I was hung up - YEP short legs spread out with no support!!!  Well before I knew what was happening I landed on my back with my right leg hanging out the van AND if that was not enough the van being on an angle proceeded to close the door on it's own!!!  So there I was flat on my back, one leg in the van and door trying to close on my legs  -  "WHAT THE HELL!!!" 

There was I trying to get up - NADA - trying to hold the door open - NADA again - and poor Florence inside trying to get unhooked to reach over to keep the door open AND trying not to laugh - NADA NADA NADA - as by then both of us were laughing.  (you're probably doing so now too)  AND neither of us could UNHOOK my boot nor could I pull my foot out as the elastic lace had tighten around my leg - DUH!!!  So there I was trying to stop laughing and scooting my butt closer to the van without bonking my head on the door and pushing my leg further into the van to slide the lace off the handle.  FINALLY between the two of us we got me unhooked and I stepped out of the van properly.

At this time Pat comes out and here we are still laughing but I'm checking my brand spanking new parka out for damage and she's wondering what's going on!!!  As far as I'm concerned I didn't need aquacise after that feat!!! 

Then we get to the Pool, I drop off the girls and got parked then walked carefully (ice everywhere) towards the entrance, checking both ways for vehicles before crossing the access towards the parking lot and around a car on the left dropping off someone.  I was halfway into the roadway when from my RIGHT comes this van (I'd say faster than should be) go right by me and I raised my hand in front of my face (yes I'm short) and her side mirror brushed my arm - I screamed but she just continued at the same pace for the exit and the car on my left watched.  SHEESH!!!  What the heck else!!!

But I did go in, I was still shaken awaiting our class to begin but that fast was forgotten with the concentration.  I did about 75% of the class but had to slow down some as I could not keep up but I tried to keep moving in the water - I was aching.  Thank goodness nothing more happened, I got home safe and sound and promptly took two Advil and rubbed my aching parts with my Blue Ice.  Sure hope it helps for tomorrow!!!  Good night!

2 comments:

piney cq said...

Ohhhhh RoseAnne!!! What a time you had!!! I surely DO hope that the Advil and Icy Blue worked their wonders overnight! I can just imagine!!! Good heavens!!! Heres wishing you a better day!!!

Loredana said...

Oh dear Get well soon Roseanne.What a terrible day you had :(
Loredana
www.loredana61.blogspot.com