Friday, May 08, 2009

A New Hobby???

Okay am I off my rocker in tackling this one??? I don't know, but I can tell you I've been admiring "tatted" objects for many years and craved to learn. Even bought the book, shuttle and specific cottons but could not grasp self-teaching this one!!! Then a few years ago I bought the tatting needle and book but was holding down two jobs at the time and set it aside yet to be found!!! LOL! And since becoming involved in the hand embellishments of Crazy Quilting I see the awesome talents of others and their tatting motifs and crave to learn even moreso.

Well I found out there is an online tatting class and even a Yahoo group so off I went to sign up and last night was the Meet & Greet session. Thankfully not much in teaching as I'm fighting a cold and not really with it! I did try the double stitch last night but after half an hour just gave up.

see the white peaking through the purple?

Tonight I tried it again for a 2" length, took a rest and read then just tried it again and was happier with this attempt, but so uneven. So decided I'll try it twice a night and hopefully by next Thrusday's class be able to tackle that night's homework adequately.


back side

1 comment:

Candi said...

Keep it up Rose Anne you'll get it:) Nice work so far:)
hugz:)