Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Barnswallows Morden Quilt Show

Sorry, but I've no pictures to blog as I was not able to get owners' permissions and also my camera batteries kept dyeing on my so I've no retreat pics either. BOO HOO HOO!!!

Well I’m not sure what gives with me but I know I’m not truly myself and it showed this weekend I’m sure. I thought I was coming down with a cold but then I think it’s more my allergies acting up and Benedryl did come to the rescue but it still leaves me out of sorts.

Anyways, this was the first time I was all packed and ready to go the night before (at a decent hour but tossed and turned for 2.5 hours then woke like 4 hours later in a panic but 2 hours too early - UGH!) and Norma picked me up lickety split and off on our adventure we went. First stop was in Carman at Kathy’s Fabrics and the Tea Room for lunch, but first we passed some fields of wide patches of standing water and also passed through a belt of SNOW – yep it snowed for about a 10 minute stretch then was all clear after that! WEIRD!!! We shopped briefly and I even bought some gauzy type stuff already splotched in shades of green and another in blues ready for landscapes and if not then bathingsuit coverups!!! We met up with Tami and Florence and all had lunch together in their lovely Tea Room – awesome food and ambiance!!!

Then onto Morden we went and naturally stopped at Quilters Jewel for their annual cleaning out fabric sale and yes I bought three awesome greens from the 70% off table and another piece for landscapes that I could not resist and a wider quilt hanger for myself. We then zipped over to the Barnswallows quilt show and did some damage there too then got settled into our room and met up with the other girls before supper. I was starting to get a headache and achey feeling again too. Some of us availed ourselves of the salt water hot tub and swimming pool and gosh did that feel great and after a shower I joined the girls in the breakfast room to play a fun board game too that Tami brought.

Saturday we were up and attem early and set up our stitching room for the day! Then off to Winkler for lunch and a brief stop into Fabricland (which I only spent $7.05 myself) but nothing jumped out at me that I had to buy! LOL! Then back to Morden and a leisurely tour of the quilt show and I must say I was mighty impressed with the variety that was displayed this year. The Challenge quilts were very good and I had a hard time choosing my favourite. The Featured Quilter was unexpected changed due to unforeseen circumstances but still awesome! Yep I enjoyed it and even found a beautiful 10” round tatted doily for a $1 in the garage sale next door – WOW!!!!!! Might even tea dye it to kill the dusty pink colour and keep it myself???

We went back to the hotel for some stitching but it goes to show one should not be dealing with money when not 100% as I could not split up a bill correctly worth a DARN and just about wasted more gas and effort driving back to Winkler to get the problem sorted out. It was MY fault and I had a calculator!!! In the end it was correct, just left me totally out of sorts and with a worse headache. Not even more ceasars and pizza for supper could fix that - even tried to snitch Ricky's drink but she caught me!!! LOL! After supper we continued to stitch and some girls went to relax in the pool too but most had an early night!

Sunday after the freebie hotel breakfast (wholesome variety) we all packed up and went our own way and both Norma and I decided to forego waiting for the show to open for a last look around and were back in the city by 1:00 pm. So I had the afternoon to catch up on some of my emails and the evening to tackle Margreet’s FFT#5 RR block as I did not get any stitching done on it this weekend at all. I did not DARE to attempt such the way I was. Nope, NADA!!!

No comments: