Monday, May 18, 2009

Another Block Finished!!!

YAHOOIE!!! slowly but surely I might get myself out of the quicksand and onto terra firma!!!

Yes, I've completed my "last" block of the CQI crazy patched FFT#5 RR and it's packaged and ready to mail either today or tomorrow! YAHOOIE!!! AND I'm very happy with this one even though I've been very "scared" being the FIRST and LAST on these blocks. The FIRST was the worst - LOL - I just could not get my mojo working and it was near to mailing time when finally I just put the needle to the block and slowly started creating!!! I also dreaded being LAST as most of the block was completed and you were limited to "spots" to add your touches. Well as it turned out (at least with Ritva's block) that being last was not a problem at all. I had ideas popping up so I quickly printed a copy of the last photo on this block (by Shari) and then started to jot down my ideas! AND I barely deviated from those plans - WOW!!!

Okay here are the pics, the before and after Rose Anne (now I'm not sure why the difference in colour but if I have to I'll start taking pics outside)!



Then here are the closeups on the work I stitched on Ritva's block:

only vertical

This was inspired by JOs seam treatment and then I added my MOP shell buttons along with seed beads this time. I was thinking of sorta like a "fence" to hold the garden within???



Then my crocheted heart anchored with seed beads and some MOP finish hearts for accent anchored in place with a seed bead - sort of float around.



And here's my stitched motif (going to try and do one of these on all blocks) and I picked this time the Lily Pilly done with stem, straight and French knot stitches and the leaves in stem and satin stitches. This too came out of the Candlewicking book - lots of lovely ideas in there. Also because I extended into the other patch I was not sure about a seam finish so decided to add one of the MOP hearts with a seed bead and then Colonial knots in triangles to fill that space and not detract from the two motifs there.



And last but not least I thought this patch by Shari needed something but WHAT??? Then I thought I've those butterfly charms so added that and then tried my hand at a beaded dragonfly with metallic feather stitched wings. Now definitely I need some "finesse" to these but otherwise I love it!

Okay, I'm sure I could have gone on more like I wanted to add a bird charm into the upper left corner but forgot and then the block was packaged so well I did not want to try opening it. Sorry Ritva, maybe you'll think of something for that small corner or maybe it does not need it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice stitching Rose Anne, and I"m glad to see your enjoying yourself..Debbie (Maine)

Linda Mullen said...

Wow, very very nice! But then again everything you do is nice.