Sunday, August 17, 2008

I've been Quiet but Still Here!

Yep, it's been a quiet four days for me this week. See Wednesday morning I entered work and felt a sharp twinge in my right under arm from elbow to armpit and wondered what the heck now. But no pain and the day was okay so I totally forgot about it until after work entering City Place and I felt it worse and just about dropped to my knees. DANG IT my shoulder was paining and burning just about instantly. Well it was a long walk home after visiting the Library and spent the evening icing it and downing Ibuprofen. Thursday was worse and the pain and swelling was unbearable and needed replenishing of meds and muscle rub. Friday I got in to see my Dr and basically I've reaggravated my rotator cuff and now am on anti-inflamatories for two weeks and hopefully it'll settle down again. So it's been a few days of limited PCing and just about no sewing so needless to say I's been feeling miserable!!! Not good company at all. LOL!

Anyways I've spent a lot of time watching the Olympics and cried too when Canada finally started getting medals and WOW and what a legacy for Michael Phelps of USA!!! Congratulations to all the athletes and all they've given up to compete at this level! My hat goes off to them all.

NOW I finally did some sewing today, well actually finished off putting together the CQd Heart Pins that I stitched while on vacation. So now a quilting friend has to choose the one she wants and I'll have an extra for who knows. I definitely have to make more of these up in various colours etc as they sure are popular.

Now these look kinda cockeyed in the pictures but in person they are not like that - weird!!! These are 2" heart shapes, padded and covered with embroidered CQing and then assembled into pins. I think just lovely!

2 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

I've been watching a lot of the olympics too. I've found them very interesting and yes, it's always nice when we win a medal of any colour!

Timaree said...

Oooo that sounds painful and even worse it's a body part you need for sewing, PCing and now beading. Oh, you are going to love adding beads to your quilting.

These pins are very nice. I like the gold thread for the embroidery. Dresses them up a bit. I'd be thinking about where I could add a bead (which I don't always give in to but always think about). You might be thinking like this once you get going with the BJP. lol