Monday, August 04, 2008

I'm Having FUN!!!

Okay I said I'd be relaxing out at my sister's in NW Ontario and here's proof of it. It was actually a very overcast day and I sat outside between visitors to the quilt sale and stitched on my cool ties. Yep seems like all my vacations this summer have been sitting outside and stitching!!!



And here's a peek at my sister's lilies - the whole front is covered in various coloured lilies and white daisies and some small flowers too. Just lovely along with the hummingbirds at the feeders and actually getting pretty worked up with others invading their feeder!!!



Now here's the outdoor stuff: the stripped diamond willow and there is a willow basket too made by my BIL and the stone geese and ducks made by one of their friends that are for sale this week too.



And here is Len with a newly constructed planter birdhouse chair that Sylvia put an old kettle with lovely red flowers planted inside for show - will have to take that picture too!



You can see my old bomb in the background parked out front in the soupie grass to let visitors know where to park rather than around back and going to the wrong doors. And below is a pic of the lovely sunset over the water across the highway from their home. There was also a rainbow but heck it hadn't rained much at all - like a spinkle maybe??? But the pic is not so great!



Okay here's the layout of the once craft shop now decked out with various quilted projects on sale from Sylvia and her friend Fran and a couple from me. Mostly I have my small items but they too have been selling. Mostly placemats, table runners and baby quilts have sold so far.





Naturally, there are many that are just on show and yes three are favourites of many stopping in and continuously asking if the person would change their minds and sell the quilt - nope it's definitely not for sale. Basically to show what that person is capable of doing. Now this next picture is basically the "display only" wall just behind the cash desk and it gets lots of compliments. There is one with visitors checking it out too.





Okay, my basic postcards all sold and my sister said I should make up more and put them out. So not being prepared at all it's a little limited but in the bag of scraps from Linda there were some fall leaves fabrics so with Sylvia's Heat n Bond and luckily I brought some Fast 2 Fuse with me so I whipped these up today - now wonder if they'll go or not.



Okay, I checked and there a way too many emails for me to read tonight! I 'll do a few and then off to bed as I'm beat like by 9:30 here and sleeping in till 8:00 or 9:00 and then breakie before the early birds start dropping by on their way to town etc. LOL!

5 comments:

Myra said...

Very crafty people there! I love willow furniture!
Sounds like you are having a nice time out there...
Happy stitchings! 8-)

Anonymous said...

For some last minute postcards, they sure are gorgeous!!! Debbie (Maine) rquirion@roadrunner.com

Linda Mullen said...

Love the cards and I love the layout of everything. You sure look RELAXED!

Susan said...

What a great shopping opportunity. I would have loved it! The postcards you made up are cute as can be!

Anonymous said...

OK, Rose Anne, you have been sitting in that chair long enough!!!!! Show us some more pics of your awesome work!!!!! hee-hee-hee Debbie rquirion@roadrunner.com