Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sun Dyeing Results

Well I finally got my act together and took the pictures. Now these projects are very dark but some are just lovely in my mind anyways.

Here is the first one I planned out with the snipped leaves from plants in the park (front and back). I even used two branches of cedar and they did come out but faintly. NOW I suggest one uses pins with the ball ends as I was trying to secure a leaf and the pin kept pulling out and I could not figure out why till I looked more closed to my paint covered fingers and saw that the tiny head was imbedded in my finger. YEP that hurts like the dickens and tender today!



Then the second one in the same colour scheme but with sea salt only (front and back). This one and the dark green (coming up next) are the ones that some guy really liked especially the green one. He asked me some questions but I did not know the answers except that I used Setacolor paints and splashed it on with sponge and splotches.



Then I went for the dark green, red and purple with a touch of yellow too (front and back).



Then I tried another one with the fuzzy silver leaves and like this one very very much and am sending this one to my sister Sylvia and challenging her to keep it as is and embellish her way using either side (front and back).



Now I still had some paints and fabrics left over but just plumb no energy to tackle anymore! And naturally there is a wiping rag and this is what resulted (front and back).



Then I spent like an hour bent over the tub scrubbing my plastic corrogated boards of the paints ready for the next project - whenever that will be. And while in the bathroom decided I may as well Bubble Jet Set another batch of muslin for postcards as I'm totally out again for backings. At this rate I may as well buy a case of that stuff - and yes I am saving the drippings and pouring them back into the bottle for next time around.
Okay guess it's time for lunch and then gotta work on some postcards.

1 comment:

Dale Anne Potter said...

GREAT JOB RoseAnne!!!
Especially LOVE that first one!
And, running out of BJS means you are just sending out too darn many postcards!!! LOL