Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Postcard Donations

Oakie Dokie I've only one more to prepare and then my promised "ten" postcard donations to the Manitoba Prairie Quilters Quilt Reflections 2008 quilt show will be completed. YAHOOIE!!!

This first group is basically "stained glass" using batiks, fused and satin stitched in place and the next one is "dragons" which I've used Oriental brocade embellished with beads and some Oriental bamboo fabric to edge.



This set is "quilting/sewing" and I used my mini quilts fabric, hand quilted and then satin stitched for the border/binding finish.



This set is "autumn leaves" and I've used up some lovely but not suitable for quilting fabric and fused it to the background and secured with the Herky Jerky stitching all around.



This last set could be the "Canadian Rockies" which I've chosen various fabrics and fused to some muslin and satin stitched in place.



Now I've one more postcard to produce - probably a 1930's theme and then I can hand these in during the November guild meeting! I really wasn't sure I'd get these completed, but an extra one or two with each signed up swap helped lots!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rosie

I really like the first of your mountain scenics. It really looks like a certain scene from the Three Sisters Area by Canmore Alberta.
You did good!! Hope you finished your Brazilian - I haven't. Enjoying your blog.
Jean K.

Rose Anne B said...

Jean K.

Thank you, I tried, lots of room for improvement yet.
No, I have not finished my Brazilian but it's getting there slowly but surely. Sorry I can't reply to you directly.