Monday, September 17, 2007

Sandy Hook Get-Away!

OMGG a better time with friends I don’t know if it is possible!!! I had woken up Friday without a headache so was really looking forward to maybe coasting through a weekend on the high with friends. Well Friday evening became a night of grinding teeth as those books with CDs I bought well I would not open (drive might be fried?) and thus could not print off the postcards I needed and by 2:00 am I gave up and went to bed.

Well I slept in and woke at 7:20 but was showered, makeup on and car half loaded by 7:50 and Florence and Dianne arrived and we were on the road at 8:05 to Tim Horton’s for breakie and on the road again!!! We did a quick stop at the Craft Post at Arborg and I picked up various laces I had not seen in the city but the buttons I was looking for were gone – SHOOT!!! We arrived at Tami’s in-law’s cabin at 11:30 just in time for spaghetti lunch!!! Then settled in for sewing charity quillows – we did up 8 lovely ones using up Tami’s sorted fabrics from her stash and purchased fleece. Then Tami was working with suiting patches and using my serger, serged strips then using the sew and flip technique, stitched them onto fleece and I told her to just serge the edges all around – will make a great blanket for some male.







I even walked the beach like I wanted too and picked some pieces of shells I’m hoping to smooth and use for my crazy patch! We were even entertained by various sessions of honking geese and on Saturday too our tea outside near the beach. Naturally Florence took the group picture and for Tami did take pictures of Florence with us too but on her camera. The neighbours dogs dropped by for a visit, tummy rubs and naturally treats from Tami.



Then we finished off the weekend trying to tie a large lap quilt but at 10:00 pm I finally said enough I’ll take it home and finish it off and bind it one of these days, as I’ve got to get home or we are staying another night – Tami sputtered a bit and then said sorry but I’d really like Monday to myself before the in-laws arrived – we laughed, hugged her goodbye and left in the DARK (1.5 hour ride back)!!!!

Well I can say we had enough food to feed an army and all FOUR of us complained about being overstuffed, but we still came back to the table for more food! We even drove into Gimli to Ama’s for afternoon tea and I met up with Carol from work. Yes I had taken out the camera and have a few pics but totally forgot to take pics of the finished projects, so Tami will or I’ll get them on Saturday.

I didn’t have a headache all weekend even though I never laughed so much and so often and even cracked some punch lines too! Ohhh and we even watched a couple of videos too – and no alcohol at all!!! WOW, I swear that weekend was the best medicine I could have been given! I even begged for another such weekend next year!!!

2 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

I'm glad to hear that you've finally gotten rid of your headaches.

JustCindy said...

Your weekend sounds like so much fun.