Monday, September 28, 2009

Tatting Shuttles

Okay, I decided I need to keep a record of these or I might land up getting duplicates. Now I don't mean in the styles as there is one in particular that I like so far, but I mean in designs or decals/paintings on the shuttle. I thought I only need one - well for now while I'm learning yeah ONE or TWO are sufficient - BUT I'm going to get good at this and then I'll want a shuttle for each colour or type of thread I want to do something with. After unwinding my first shuttle today and then rewinding the appropriate colour I will not be doing this too often and KNOW why Maija has many shuttles!!!

So these are the shuttles I now own:


Aero plastic shuttle and bobbin


Susan Bates metal shuttle and bobbin


Clover plastic shuttle and post - my favourite to use so far - thank you Maija for showing me this smaller one!

And these are the shuttles so far that I've seen on various online searches for "shuttles" and think are just AWESOME and would like to own someday as long as they are not over $15 Cdn.


This one is beautiful along with the abalone shell one and if possible a must to have one day!

These others are awesome craftsmanship:





I know there are various "antique" type shuttles out there along with sterling silver and ivory bone etc but really I'm not that into collecting especially if costly - I want to use these and appreciate the decorations each has. Someday!

4 comments:

tattrldy said...

Only need one or two, hahahaha! If you keep tatting you'll end up with quite a few, I think. There are some very lovely ones out there - I have a few - I use the clover the most. It's small, it has a nice point and is easy to hang on to. But it's always nice to have others, too! Good luck and happy tatting!

Barbara Gordon said...

$15! Lots of luck....you can maybe get some, but the fancier ones are more up thee in price. Your starting off pretty good, so keep at it, it's so much fun!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Ohhhh.... I think I have shuttle envy! You sure found some beautiful ones out there! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Kerry

Unknown said...

Those are some pretty shuttles you found. I could spend hours looking at pics of shuttles online, LOL!