Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What, Why & How!

Okay, I just did today my first attempt of a lunchtime walk (I hate going outside then as I find the afternoon drags). It lasted only 15 minutes, was a brisk one as my sandal bare toes and sweater clad body was COLD, never mind my just clipped head too!!!

Most family & friends know I’ve been up and down and anxious a lot these past few years and more so since the summer when I was mulling over what to do with my finances. Well this weekend was one from !@#$ and I’m glad I did not travel anywhere as I was not good company at all. I know I don’t want to ask for anxiety/mood/depression type meds and was thinking of checking out some vitamins that might help – but will bring it up with my Dr next month on BP check.

Well over the weekend I even debated with myself on dropping out of all my groups and then a major panic attack started so I stayed off the computer most of the weekend and READ, did not much else except finish off the close to be finished CQd block (now mailed off). Well I did have a few personal emails on this and also a call from Yvonne who has had me on her mind for a while and is concerned – YIKES – that made me realize I was on a bad path and have to do something!!! Then my coworker too said I have to get out and WALK at lunch – as others, Pat included, so I did!!!

I’m going to do this every day and try also for after work before heading home to play some with my stitching etc (might have to change that to evening depending on what I have on). BUT I did make a decision to try and not let work get to me as much. Also try to wean myself from some groups where I'm not so active in. That way I can continue to experiment with techniques etc and maybe even sell some on my "Creative Extras" blog???

So let’s hope that by the time my Dr apt comes in June I might have some of this anxiety I’ve been feeling daily reduced!!! I hope so. I keep telling myself that there are others with legit reasons for depression and they are coping – so smarten up!!! But just not quite working!

3 comments:

Jo in NZ said...

RoseAnne, sorry to hear you are feeling low. I was the same at the end of last year, spiralling quickly into depression. I saw the dr and got some drug (not the prozac kind tho) and I started aqua aerobics, and I love ti. The exercise really does make a difference, and not letting the computer suck too much time!!
feel better, and keep up that lunch time walk.

Dianne said...

Rose Anne, I'm sorry too, to hear you've been low. I hope you get it worked out on your own but if not, there's not a thing in the world wrong with asking for help from depression meds. Sometimes it's purely organic with no 'reason' behind the anxiety except chemical make-up. If you had a physical problem you wouldn't feel bad about taking a med for that would you? Just saying - don't let yourself feel bad if you do decide to take the meds. Walking and exercise is fine if that's where the root of the problem lies, but if it's organic or brain chemistry then meds for the problem are the ONLY answer for some and there's no disgrace in it. Hugs, Di

Faye said...

Rose Anne, I think all of us have been in your place at some stage or other... Take the meds and get yourself back on track, and enjoy life. Don't leave all your groups, as we can be here to help and support you from time to time. Just holla out. cheers - FDS