Thursday, July 04, 2024

Catchup - June 18th-30th

June 18th

GO OILERS GO!!!
Play like the Devil's on your tail!
GO OILERS GO!!!
WOW what a game!  
Edmonton must be CRAZY!!!!
GO OILERS GO!!!

June 19th

Oooohhhhh sometimes I'm just lazy and definitely paid the price this past few weeks! I brought in my AC unit a few days ago but didn't get any white duct tape till yesterday, so this morning I fought with the hoses and it's running! Feels loads better in here after only an hour!!!
So later this afternoon I'll pick up my accent chair and see if I have to move the loveseat over more yet. Hopefully this way only for a month! 🙏🙏🙏

Yeah my accent chair is home with a bit of help from Mesfin to get it out of the car and through the door. Then he rolled the box down the hallway and to my door - nifty!!! Don't know why I thought I could get it out of the car myself!!! 💪 But definitely could have rolled it home. I did roll it into the livingroom, upside down on the loveseat to put the legs on, upright and VOILA it's beautiful!!!!! Once I get my recliner I'll get a picture of my new chairs at home!

June 20th

I love this memory from Churchill!!! Beautiful even if barren landscape.


OMGG did I ever happen upon an awesome sale at Leon's! My Grayson recliner was $899 Monday, supposed to be marked down 20% today, so I waited. Thank GOD I did as it was marked down to $499, needless to say I bought it and this time the 5 year home protection plan for $99 and delivery $25 (half price too) as original item had to be $700 for free delivery! WOW!!!
I'll get it delivered once my loveseat has moved onto it's new home!


It's been awhile but I'm currently volunteering in the quilts display section. Talk about silly me! I'm walking along these "framed minis" with their ribbons when I FINALLY noticed they are PICTURES!!! HUH??? Then out of the corner I see something orange up above, I turn and there are the 12 quilts hanging WAY UP HIGH!!!
Later I'll get my hot dog, mini donuts and lemonade!!! Usually just during the Ex.
I'll recheck the names in comments under my pictures on Sunday. Sorry I was cold and tired yesterday and didn't think of that. Thank you Melissa for your help.

These are PICTURES of the quilts hanging above with their ribbons. 
L to R:  Anna Schmidt, Joan Dupius-Neal,  Megan Harper,  Jan Hummerston & Serena Parasz, Melissa Marginet and Kathy Krokosh & Donna Reznick.

L to R:  Mary and Gary Fisher-Smith, Melissa Marginet and Evelyn Hoeppner.

L to R:  Evelyn Hoeppner, Susan Bell and Lucy Gay.

The ties quilt on the backdrop by Leona Saj.


Actual quilts hanging up high!!!
Love the first one ❤️ made by Kathy Krokosh & Donna Resnick.
Second one by Melissa Marginet. 

Love the houses one too ❤️ made by Evelyn Hoeppner. 
Second one by Joan Dupuis-Neal.

First one made by Jean Hummerston & Serena Parasz. 

First one by Evelyn Hoeppner. 

First one by Mary & Grant Fisher-Smith.
Second by Melissa Marginet. 
Third one by Anna Schmidt.

Love this one ❤️ made by Susan Bell.

First one made by Lucy Gay and second one made by Megan Harper.

June 21st

Linda thought of me when she saw this @Quilt Canada in Edmonton.  :)



Ohhhh I forgot to post these as I was leaving the Ex yesterday, a rainbow was out behind the grounds.




OKAY, LET'S GO OILERS!!!
I'm no hockey analyst but honestly I'm very suspicious of Florida FIXING these last few games? WHY, who knows, but a few thoughts are ticket sales on both sides/NHL and/or final game downfall for Edmonton's winning parade? Come on three straight Florida wins then flip and Edmonton three wins!!!  
I 🙏 I'm wrong and Florida just lost their game and Edmonton just found their game???

GO OILERS GO!!!

June 22nd

Thank you Edna for supper at Stella's Couts of St James after a marathon of shopping today. We even did the set up too!




She returned this unit, too big.

June 23rd

I was totally shocked to see the untidy mess in our "relaxing quilts area" when I arrived upon opening! Not sure why it wasn't cleaned like other areas in the hall before opening and it took some time to get someone over too. It was quick work setting it right!
Liz joined me earlier tha 3ish and we had a lovely discussion between various guests and many asking questions but few actually saw the quilts hanging from the ceiling. One lady said: "if you want to hide something put it up high - that's the last place one looks is up!" How true we found that saying to be!!!
I even took a lunch break outside and snapped pics of three rides close by!





June 24th

Sheesh it's starting again, the nervousness!!!!!
GO OILERS GO!!!!!
Dang it, they tried but lost! Canada has another year to work towards! It was close!!!
But not impressed with McDavid not accepting his trophy, not a good impression for younger players to see that!

June 25th

Well I was totally disgusted with myself and very thankful I'd taken my folding walking stick with me today! I had an appointment downtown plus had to renew my Library card in person so put in 5,861 grueling steps with lots of stops to relieve the right hip/leg pain. I thought I was OK when I set out but quickly pulled out my stick for support.
My last stop was to my optometrist as I'm having issues with my new glasses. Found out my cataract in the right eye is showing shadows from time to time, so she's started the process for surgery, but who knows when. I've another followup in 6 months but in the mean time I'm to use my magnifiers for stitching!

June 26th

Summer's officially here as all my groups are now on vacation till the fall. Today the Northern Lights Lacemakers had their last gathering and we took a group picture. First is a handheld selfie then I set it on counter, propped it up and did a timed selfie to give me a chance to sit too!



Then lunch with Sylvia and a bit of shopping, but no luck!

June 27th

Well it is a very slow day and I decided a short walk up the street to Poke Mono to treat myself to a Tropical shrimp bowl and an iced latte. But OHHH BOY is it ever strong coffee in it, I've added my skim milk and barely tolerable.


WOW!!! Nifty ideal, rolling planter for winter storage in the shed, garage or 3-sided lean to!


Nifty idea!!!



No comments: