Monday, June 17, 2024

Catchup - June 8th-17th

June 8th

Today I worked on the two inner borders on my HSTs blocks quilt top. I can tell you I was very uncertain of the gold print that I totally loved when I saw and bought at Marshall's on sale!!! While sewing it on I thought it clashed badly but continued and after picture taking I've decided I LOVE it! It's lots better in person. It's on and tomorrow I'll do the last 6" green and the top will be complete!!! Then off to Night Owl Quilting, and using my $100 MPQ retreat prize towards the interesting quilting Lori will do.




June 9th

First off thank you again Kathy for posting this “Year of Scrappy 52 Triangle Foundation” project and Liz's encouragement to finish it for a possible group showing, my top at least is DONE!!!

https://www.leilagardunia.com/blog/year-of-scrappy-triangles

I've plans now for a twin bed sized quilt for myself for future retreats! So I’d caught up on my one-a-day paper pieced 52 Scrappy Triangles blocks started late, February 1st, 2023! I’m not sure I like my selected colours but I’m using my scraps, not going into my stash! Here are the 52 blocks, plus the bonus block, plus an additional varied designs 10 blocks finished off with Kona Evergreen bought with my virtual retreat gift card for KTR!

Now initially I decided on a finished 6" outer border but might come down to 4.75" to kinda match the width of the inside green paths plus binding. This quilt was full of delimmas, but glad I persevered and now I just want it quilted by Night Owl Quilting & Dye Works and onto other UFOs!!!





After finishing my last border on my scrappy triangles quilt, I decided I needed some exercise! So off to Edna's for a walk along her beautiful balcony view of Sturgeon Creek pathway but she wanted to check a side path. I agreed but dang there were no benches and my hip/leg was giving me major grief until we came upon Superstore on Portage Ave and a bus stop bench. Once I'd rested I was good for the last little bit back to her new apartment and my car!!! I'm not taking that route again!!!

I hadn't set my tracker but it still counted the steps and time which was 3,154 steps in 33 minutes, a short walk but still good!!!

June 10th

GO OILERS GO!!!!! 🏒🏒🏒

Photo credit to Karen Balak.


Lovely overcast day for photos! I know I should have taken the tulip ones earlier BUT even now they still are beautiful!!!



June 11th

Yeah!!! I've finally picked up my tatting again! Now to figure out where to join with clear beads??? I also need to be more uniform in my picots of four different sizes in this pattern.


June 12th

That's the closest I've seen them before they skitter away to the rock cave. Obviously enjoying the sunshine to.

Now I joined Aida and her friend for a walk to the Forks and back. Beautiful day!!!

Then supper out with Sylvia meeting Florence and her friend from Dauphin.

Ohhhh that's exactly what I'm dealing with now but it's selvedges I'm sorting by lengths. Hopefully finished soo and ones not interesting are going to doggie bed usage! 😉


June 14th

What a busy couple days, running errands, sewing. My baby gift was unusual, thinking it was for a boy so I chose brown (not impressed) but actually too dark I think. And today the Assiniboine Circle Quilters end of year gathering and block of the month reveal. The group potluck was awesome. The reveal was great with 16 on display, flimsies to quilted. I don't have pictures as I was in that lineup too. Show n tell was also lovely too.


June 15th

HOLY CRAPPOLA!!!! Oilers 8-Panthers 1???

I think it was Florida's letting Edmonton win in the beginning to get next game and cup back in Florida. But it backfired - and now adrenaline for Oilers to hopefully regain the drive to win again and back to Edmonton!!!  

GO OILERS GO!!!

June 16th

For all those AV lovers!!!


June 17th

What a great idea!!!!




What a LOVELY day Sylvia and I had!!! Awesome weather and our checking furniture stores for chairs for both of us was rewarding, yep a great day!!! So first stop was J&S discount but zippo, then next door to Leon's where I've found my recliner but was told to wait till Thursday or Friday for 20% off sale!!! Then over to Dufresne, no recliners in small size for us, BUT my March found accent chair was now reduced like $400 and discontinued, so I bought it and will pick a new one up on Wednesday from the warehouse. I feel awesome!!! Then over to LazyBoy and there Sylvia found a floor model rocker/recliner on sale too and hopefully we'll pick up soon.

Leons Grayson recliner
Dufresne Bethany accent chair

Then over to Olive Garden for our yummy soup, salad and breadsticks, totally worth it after the shopping!!! Oh and McDs ice cream cone for dessert!!!

Now to get my 2 year old reclining loveseat out of here before fall when I get my recliner delivered!!!

Then over to the goldfishes home to return their keys and what a nice surprise to receive one of her kiln turned treasures to remind me of those pond visits. WOW, thank you Heather!

No comments: