Thursday, July 04, 2024

Catchup. - July 1st-4th

July 1st


Nifty and crafty!!!


July 2nd

Well I'm not venturing out in this dampness so I finished prepping my Scrappy Triangles quilt top. It took ages to trim off straggling threads, a final press of all seams and then rolled onto my pool noodle. So I'm ready for drop off whenever Lori says our ABC quilt is ready for pickup, an exchange so to speak. 😉



Kinda a chores catch-up type of day except for meeting Darlene, fellow co-worker, at Santa Lucia for a late lunch. As we sat near the windows I saw those horrendous blue black clouds rolling in, the lightning flashes and rolling thunder too. Then it poured at least an hour and even though we were finished our waitress so kindly said we could sit and visit to wait it out. We did but as soon as it eased up we left! If I hadn't had my brand new sandals on I'd have run through it but decided not to risk falling!

July 3rd

It sure looked ominous when I was at Santa Lucia! WOW!!!



July 4th

A very very lovely morning so far! Even if the Crew wanted inside near 11ish. I'm staying in the shade with the light breeze and mosquito lamp, seems to be working!


Then a quick drive into Oakbank for a few items as I totally forgot to stop in the city beforehand. WOW first time here and also first time I've seen a well stocked liquor store in the middle of the grocery store, Family Foods. A nice town and pretty too?
Then on the way back I spotted this yard with a zillion wild daisies that reminded me of the ditches on my way to my sister's place when they lived in Perrault Falls ON.


Ohhh my there was a maintenance worker in the yard and all !$%& broke loose with the dogs for 5-10 minutes! I can sure tell you I'd not try venturing inside this house from the volume and tones of their barking!!!

I'm lazy today but enjoying the deck as long as possible!

Ohhhh yeah I forgot to mention I had to play grease monkey today too! See Urban Garage Ltd. has been closed for awhile for river bank reinforcement and might be another 2-3 weeks till reopening. My car reminded me I've 15% oil life nearly two weeks ago and now at 10% so found my 5-20 oil litre and put half in and it's now above the lowest marker. Hopefully that'll keep her happy, I'll keep checking and add the rest if needed before I can get in for an oil change.  

The garage knows I need one, but dang it reminds me of the "old" days when I used to check and top up most fluids even tire pressure and topping up, before a long drive, even changed wipers and some kind of electronic box on my '73 Charger, had to crawl onto the side of the car to reach it. Even changed a tire on the highway once, but had to climb into the trunk to get it out then chase it into the muddy water logged ditch while others just honked and drove by! It was pouring so I don't blame them for not stopping to help. All I can remember is when I got to Dauphin my Dad was very mad I tried that and drove from Portage la Prairie on it, not properly tightened, by his standards. He went out and tried to loosen the nuts but no give, came in and resumed whatever not saying a thing, Mom and I just laughed. That was before having a cell phone and I was scared the tire would fall off so I jumped on the tire wrench just to make sure!!! My then mechanic laughed when he heard.

I can sure tell you I'm glad I haven't had to do such these latter years. Thank you Urban Garage for servicing my Honda!!!

To my American friends!!!


No comments: