Thursday, December 01, 2022

Catchup - Nov 28th-Dec 1st

Nov 28th

Now this is nifty!!!!


Nov 29th

Now onto the next batch of tatted items! The 'Tatted Tree' by Catherine Austin found in the "A New Twist on Tatting" book, a gift from Denise and Josef! I'm not keen on this pattern as each row is cut, tied and ends buried, BUT I found a solution by pulling off hopefully enough chain thread off the shuttle for continuous tatting so no beginning ends to bury! Any extra will be used for hangers! 👌❤️


Ohhhh a jam packed day after a sleep in, then a lovely lunch with Linda and Dianne at the Southdale Village Family Restaurant, awesome company and food as always!!! Thank you Linda for your handmade wreath (snowflake).


Then a round about on errands to Transcona, Birds Hill, Lockport, Henderson at Chief Pequis before picking up groceries and just getting home. Totally pooped!!!
I was so pleased with the Ukrainian artist's earrings that I texted her and asked for a matching necklace!


Okay here's the Beady Little Tree, pattern by Erin Halloway Moseley, I was trying to figure out but two attempts gone wrong and this one is closest. I'm calling it the BOMBERS Tree!



Nov 30th

I can't wait for Saturday for the sewing day at Keystone and hopefully meeting others there too! We sure miss our quilting retreats!!!
https://keystonemoderncreative.com/collections/classes-and-events

It's B A C K !!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️


https://www.facebook.com/12801337851/posts/pfbid0hiwpeGfJ3CxbQYjVoxFNCkGhH3CwYSSjJWzJy2YvnTSdiWuB7HxhSKCFp7b7pz4pl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

I always look when I drive by over the holidays!


https://www.chvnradio.com/articles/mystery-of-the-canada-life-camels-solved

Dec 1st

WOW!!! I returned the icicle lights as they were too big for my window to enjoy! I'll hang one of my oldies up! So the $40 returned I went a little crazy and bought kinda for two families what I thought was basic but some extras plus two small cuddly bears and also two of my kitchen hand towels too. I distributed the heavier items and have 4 recycle bags to cart to the Holiday Train food donations. At least Winnipeg Harvest better be collecting like other years we've gone, donated and enjoyed the free entertainment!!!  Thanks Cindy for joining up with me for this!

Wellllll, after my appointment and then shopping today, I settled into cutting out the pieces for the requested poppy hot mats. Then I stitched the tops and cut the heat resistant batting and backing, pinned ready for tomorrow's quilting! 



Then I cut out all the pieces for another Retreat Bag, hopefully sewn up Saturday at the Keystone Open Studio with Sylvia and Pat.


Not Edna this time, but she's doing good and recouping with her family spoiling her probably!   Now my feet are up relaxing!

No comments: