Monday, December 12, 2022

Catchup - Dec 2nd-10th

Dec 2nd

Yeah one set of five is complete. Hopefully next week they will all be completed!


Dec 3rd

Well we had a lovely day together even if we were tired and I didn't want to get out of bed so early!
Again Sylvia and even Pat too finished their first projects - NOT me!! Sylvia even sewed up two 10-minute table runners and Pat started her second tote.

Leftover blocks she used up.

Reverse side.

Small Retreatt Bag, fabric from Thompson.

Inside

Ten minute table runners with flannel inserts.

Pat's second tote quilted only, for vacation time!!!

Me maybe 3/4s completed my large Retreat Bag, glad I had it all cut out and prepped ready for quilting and sewing up.

Front of my gifted large Retreat Bag, zippered pocket again.

Inside, zippered pocket inside this time too!

But good part is both want to go again to Open Studio bookings at Keystone Modern Creative, just wish others were there like a mini retreat!  Edna will join us in the new year events.

Ohhhh a descent winter evening for the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train to roll into Winnipeg. It was nice to have it back even if the entertainment was two singers plus the band, not like other years! But the crowd and me too were pumped and singing Santa's Coming to Town together!  




















Yes there were Manitoba Harvest trucks there and I think I kinda made up for past year's lack of contribution with two Ikea bags full!!! Usually during my working days I'd contribute to 3-4 family baskets, but not since I've retired, so I splurged this year! 😉💞  Thank you Cindy for the company! 💞🎶

Now hip n ankle rubbed down, sipping apple Whiskey n cranberry ginger ale, munching on cranberry white chocolate cookies n watching hockey before crashing!!!

Dec 5th

Pizza Hotline did it again! Screwed up our order with someone else's and not what we'd eat so it's going back with the driver! Dang it!!!  Then the second driver got lost, called that he was in the lobby come get my pizza! UMMMM NOT, I was in the lobby and visitor parking was empty!!!! He was at some other apartment! I don't know why drivers relay on GPS to destinations AND NOT read street numbers!!!

Dec 6th

Yesterday evening I dropped at the Foster's a twin quilt from Sylvia Stadnyk sewn up from her WOF strips winnings from a game played at a Dryden retreat during pre-Covid times.
Also two 36" square lap quilts made by our other sewing minded sister from Dauphin. They were made from her stash of mostly polyester and a few cotton scraps but I quilted the star one to keep the layers intact.

Sylvia's WOF strips winnings scrappy quilt.

Elsie's polyester scrappy lap quilt.

Elsie's mostly polyester and some cotton scrappy lap quilt.  I quilted this one.

I don't think I'll have time to quilt my two twin ones before the end of year!


What do you do on a cold winter's day - S E W or T A T !!!! Yes I finished off the retreat bag from Saturday and had the matching needle book too! 



So off I was going to mail it off BUT my car wouldn't start, what a shocker! Then I remembered I didn't plug her in so serves me right, maybe Battery is aging, will call CAA tomorrow to check. So went back in, redressed for walking and off I went to Shoppers PO over the bridge, maybe 5 blocks away. On the way back saw this MOON and glad it wasn't windy too or it would have been miserably cold!

On the bridge with both riverbanks.


Damn purple lights - so not good for seeing what's happening!!!


High-rise over the top of a 3 storey apartment block I left out!

New versions of threads and beads.

OMGG I'm so glad I plugged in my car and ventured out for my walk earlier as it's going to be FRIGID overnight into Wednesday! Not going anywhere tomorrow either!


Dec 7th

Hmmmm the sun is shining and the smoke is not moving anywhere fast nor trees moving but that is dang deceiving with this report! I'm staying put, not even going to try my car!


WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!
I think I'd even snuggle under a throw watching the snow fall!


Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! Another commitment is complete! I love them!!!


Nifty idea!


Dec 8th

Okay since Jo Hall Van Loo has received her better late than not October Landscape PFA swap postcard I can now send this! Cindy Vrtis quoted, "a pixilated postcard landscape! How cool!" Well I wasn't sure what she meant but she sent a picture, that's what happens on my TV when there's bad weather! 😉
So I got my idea from someone's project and devised my own bargello landscape. So initially I made a 'background or foundation' in the colours of our fall landscapes, or as close as possible. Then I cut up the columns from 3/4" to 1.75" and then played with the movement up and down to my liking and sewed in place, pressing seams open flat and trimmed to 4x6" size. After this I added fusible interfacing to hold all flat before finishing. Then I changed to my FM foot and played with back n forth straight stitched trees and in the foreground the barely visible tricky bullrushes and last the flying geese - can't forget them!!! Then it's the usual assembling front, double sided fusible bonded batting and computer generated back together!  

Pixilation 

My inspiration! 

Background or foundation strips.

Bargello cuts

Sewn together 

Inspiration

Inspiration 

Just about finished!

Jo's finished postcard front.

This was planned yet back in October then life got in my way and I didn't finish it until mid-November! Glad it arrived safe n sound and that Jo thought it was worth the wait. 💞 Thank you!!! But in my rush to send it off I totally forgot to take the "finished" front and back photos!

Dec 9th

While out running errands I couldn't resist stopping for this! Wouldn't want to be living up there!!!!!!!

12 noonish

Here's a late afternoon update! WOW!!!

4:30ish

WOW!!!

Dec 10th

New earrings!

Well last Saturday at Keystones Open Studio I picked up some goodies with the 12 Days of Christmas 30% off sale plus the $20 discount for our event. Then as I was driving by today while out I again turned in and Christmas was on 30% off sale! I indulged and I think I've many presents to myself this year already! Maybe I better stop!!! 😉🙃🤗 


Then I again stopped into the Ukrainian craft sale and found a couple of lovely traditional like ladies and pottery from a lady who has retired from her awesome art!



No comments: