Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Catchup - Dec 11th-18th

Dec 11th

OMGG this world is crazy, even weather wise!!!




Dec 12th

Ohhhh thank you Marian for posting this! I totally agree and that's why some of mine are out all the time! 😘


Dec 14th

OOOHHHH MYYYYY! I love normal winter and today kinda counts for that as it's warm even if snowing buckets! I can't believe the levels since I ventured out at 9am!!! I was out Concordia/Molson, then across the city to Bishop/Pembina, then Fort Richmond area before my last stop at Sylvia's St Anne's/Fermor and now home having lunch! I'm pooped, that's hard walking through and continuously clearing the car off after each stop!  

Fort Richmond area.  Beautiful!


Sylvia's entrance.


You can even see it snowing.

Out my window!


I'm totally amazed at the stupidity of some drivers ONLY cleaning with wipers!!! If you are one please just stay home till spring arrives!!! AND it's supposed to increase in intensity as the day progresses! But even in all season tires I had no issues except two corners but even that was not bad! I've seen more erratic driving with larger SUVs and trucks near missing side swiping the other lane than most. Only one accident on Pembina that took out the light standard.

Well finished off a few more Beady Little Christmas Trees (Erin Holloway Moseley), aka The Bomber Trees and the fist time stiffening metallic and the cream rayon threads. I won't be using the rayon again as it was tricky keeping the tension even.

Gold metallic Lizbeth size 20.
Cream is rayon Cronit.

New additions in white just finished.

Two on left regular Lizbeth cotton size 10.
On right iridescent metallic size 20.

Dec 15th

OMGG Val this was just GREAT!!!  
Thank you Valerie for the link!
I was smiling and head bobbing all through it!
Come on Barb you just have to love this song and snowfall we're having!!!


Snow, snow, snow   (the following picture is only a screenshots, click the link before this to view awesome video)


I think today was much better out driving than yesterday! Started out 9:30 this morning, picked up Sylvia for our Pfizer Bi-Valent boosters, my Dr xray followup call (hip is the same as last year so no surgery as yet but maybe some physio to strengthen), then errands for Sylvia and lunch at Southdale Village Family Restaurant before dropping off Sylvia. Then off to Michael's where I indulged myself, a Charmalong bracelet, love angels, opal just for balance, first for Dad November, second for Mom September, and last for me May. 


But not finding the extra large plastic Snowman jar with top hat that I wanted, so I can use as a table centre piece full of decorative balls! Then home to walk over to Pat's work for a drop off there before back to finally relaxing and more tatting!

Dec 16th

OMGG!!!! So far I'm not one of those Seniors who can't sleep and are up at the crack of dawn! NOPE, NADA, NO SIREEE!!!!!

It's been three days in a row up 7:30ish and out the door for anywhere from 4 to 6 hours before back home. Yes even in this snow and thank GOD safe and sound!

Today it started with a lovely early breakfast with Cindy, then my much needed massage, before picking up Edna and Sylvia for a walk around the Outlet Mall (Edna did more than us two) before heading to Mook's to partake in their December 15% off coupon. 



Then picked up coffee and muffins to enjoy at Sylvia's before Edna and I did a quick grocery shop then home! AND there's a good 8 inches of snow buildup on the window ledge! WOW!!!

And tomorrow too will be an early start IF Aurora does have an in person quilters gathering, IF NOT then on ZOOM. 😳

Once home, wanted to do some printing from the computer and this is what I got on my year old PC! HMMMMMMM!!!!! 🤔


So feet up and back to tatting!

Dec 17th

Okay today may have been the last of my busy long days pre-Christmas. It started with Dianne, Jeanette and I heading to Aurora for a very small gathering but glad for ZOOM so Pat, Kathy and Norma to join in too! Then home to drop off tatting and lunch stuff, switch into BOOTS - dummy me in this snow dump in runners, and pick up a couple gifts. Then off to Angela's for coffee and visit, Eileen n Bruce's for homemade treats before picking up supper n gassing up the car and home to relax.

SHEESH look at the snowfall! The packed down lower ridge was this mornings buildup, the upper ridge is today's snowfall! Yesterday there was maybe an inch on the ledge!


Dec 18th

Another lovely but a bit more chilly an outdoor day with friends! We're in the cold and Cindy hopefully enjoying the hot sun!!! So Jan got Marilyn, Mo and I together for a walk in Birds Hill Park, and talk about a WORK OUT!!! I was very glad I took a Tylenol Arthritis before trudging through the snow blown non-plowed trails, but thankfully the parking lots were!!! We didn't do the whole lake loop as the snow was deep in the dips and even following in Jan's footsteps it was getting tough on my knee especially and I was slowing down major by the time we finished. 

Park entrance area.

Mo's feeding.

Jan's feeding.

I just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ how the girls lined up without direction!

Going around the Park to Pineridge Hollow. 


And dang it I FORGOT to turn on the tracker!!!  Then off we drove around the park to Pineridge Hollow for lunch and shopping!

Walked around the Market Barn before lunch!

L to R:  Marilyn, Mo, Kan and me taking the selfie.

Then a lovely lady offered to take our picture!  🥰

Even getting creative too!!!  ❤️❤️❤️❤️


We were on the veranda looking out onto the animal pens etc for non-winter.


Out shopping on our own afterwards. 


Another lovely lady took this for me!  🥰

Welcoming us to the Restaurant. 

Heading out and the lighting was so different on the other side!






Bye, Bye!!!

Didn't even drive far when I saw the sun dogs and had to pull over, get out to get the picture!  I didn't think it was that cold for them today!

Thank you ladies for the awesome day!!!
And I deleted lots too!!! These are only the good ones!!!

I just LOVE this video and song! ❤️❤️❤️


Yeah another just in time Christmas gift is finished! 👍🥳 These are the only usable pieces after my own table topper was sewn up! It's a different look but I still love the effect! 



Now the last two tatted trees and I can relax more so? 💞

No comments: