Thursday, September 29, 2022

This n That

Sept 29th

Ohhhh look what is Red and White that arrived in my mailbox on Monday, the 25th, from Fayth H of Glen Allen VA!  A beautiful machine embroidered motif even has a ladybug in it and pearls with the caption BLESSINGS postcard.  Thank you so much!  I also used the lovely pearlized grey envelope as a background.  The postcard was also hand cancelled before enclosing!  💞💞💞


Not sure if anyone on my list is like me, wants one serving of apple crisp not a panful for the next few days to finish up! And since I'm getting these garden apples I thought I'd share Sylvia's microwave apple crisp recipe. I sometimes halve it and that way use up my portioned frozen apples just for me when I want a quick dessert! 😋

Ohhhh you can also throw in other fruits for variety! Yummy berry crisp too with rhubarb! *** And I don't see any cinnamon in there, either on the apples or in the crumble! ***


Beautiful!!!!


Well considering I was still achy, I accomplished more than I thought I'd do. First off I was determined to find my special border cotton prints so hopefully next week Sylvia will guide me through the steps for the spiral table topper, something other than ABC quilts. This was a gift for her friend, but mine will be smaller. 


Hmmmm I just about gave up as my shoulder started aching too! I'm falling apart!!! BUT after a bit of a rest, I persisted dismantling the piles in front of the closet and putting fabrics in like piles or into appropriate bins and lo n behold they were in the last bottom bin!!! So hopefully I can work on another of my UFOs and have a couple reversible new table toppers.  

Then I took off and ran some errands before getting back into the sewing room, this time pulling out various fancy fabrics, laces and trims to pass onto Monica to hopefully assist in dressing up these dolls that are in need of new outfits! SHEESH, I managed to stuff to the rafters an 11" xerox paper box full. There is one baggie of my favourite greens, if she doesn't use it for my doll, then I'll get that back for my crazy patch project. 😉

Just had more of Florence's garden tomatoes in toasted cheese sandwishes for supper! Feet up and relaxing now!

No comments: