Tuesday, October 04, 2022

Catchup - Sept 30th-Oct 3rd

Sept 30th

Today was a visit with Sylvia to help her sandwich two more ABC quilts and also help Edna with her beautiful PP pineapple quilt.  She thought it was awesome, quick and more secure than just pinning and hand basting.  We used the 505 from Sew, no smell and we wash all the quilts before donating.
Then lunch at Southdale Village Family Restaurant with Pat joining us too!  Wonderful!!!  

Before Edna's quilt was sandwiched, Sylvia purged some of her fancy fabrics and laces for Monica for her replacement doll clothes etc.  So off to drop off our stashes for Monica's recycling!  Why buy such when we had lots not being used!  I also got to see my dolls up close!  Beautiful!!!

And what a way to finish off with a shared supper and a glass of wine on the patio in that awesome sunshine!!!

What a lovely day!  Lunch on the patio of Boston Pizza on St James/Ness.



Oct 2nd

WOW!!! Love at those cherry blossoms! I totally enjoyed my visit 7 years ago to Christchurch but was so saddened by the havoc the earthquake caused before my 2015 visit! Another awesome stay with Sandra and her Mom!







And while there at the quilt show I bought raffle tickets for the three quilts on offer and eventually after all the travel shows I WON this quilt and paid to have it shipped to me.


Fall is definitely moving in even in one day, a big difference from place to place. I called Edna up and out we went for a walk, saw Dale's statue then onto the Forks to share a pickeral fish n chips and a mango radler (not bad but grapefruit is better) and enjoyed the lovely visit before heading back. 







I grabbed an iced coffee before heading home to finish off this scrappy top (free pattern Sonja's Windows) for MPQ ABC donation. At least it might be finished at 48 1/2 x 71 1/2" or add on two more borders, will sleep on it!


Gosh I've like 2 sandwiched twin quilts waiting to be quilted n bound and at least 4 tops waiting to be measured for batting n backings etc! Sylvia has two more twin quilts also ready for quilting. Guess I better get cracking as Sylvia and I have lots more to sew up from Joan T's donation fabrics! But tomorrow it's a sewing day for ourselves!

Oct 3rd

WOW!!!!! Sylvia's an awesome teacher and I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the layout so far! Afternoon will be the sewing together! I'm a very Happy Camper!!!!  Triangle Frenzy - Swirl.


And here's Sylvia's table runner! Beautiful!!!!


So 3ish we both had our tops sewn, beautiful!



I can't wait to try sewing up more, a fall one!  Then we had a snack and I packed up to run errands and have supper with my travel agent to discuss next year's trip.

No comments: