Saturday, October 08, 2022

Catchup - Oct 4th-8th

Oct 4th

Here's an organization I've supported with my travel agent Aruna who participates in various endeavors within tthe group!


Oct 5th

Well today I've added on the two outer borders (57 x 80") and like it very much. That's 4-5 various sized quilts I have to sandwich and quilt for ABC! I want to make more of these Sonja's Windows quilts, maybe for gifts?

Now to go run errands and maybe a walk!


Oct 6th

OMGG talk about a lovely day! A massage, fabrics from Carellan, flowers and specialty cards from Beyond Flowers then a stop at The Greek Market for a healthy supper of baked ribs, stuffed Zucchini, broccoli salad with feta. Dessert was to be Tiramisu, but out of, so settled for Creme Carmel, but once home realized I'd received rice pudding by mistake, which I dislike period. So drove back and was able to switch it for Lemon Cheese Cake instead! ¡¡¡OMGG!!! I'll be getting this instead in future Greek meals! ❤️❤️❤️



Oct 7th

OOOHHHHH how I wish AUTUMN would last like the summer season so we could all enjoy this so wonderful paintbrush of colours! Each area has its own beautiful canvas to show off! This is out my window this morning!!!


Oct 8th

Hoping for a Happy Thanksgiving to all, whenever you celebrate!




TOTALLY AGREE!!!
Dear WalMart & CVS ,HomeDepot and all other stores that have self checkout —
You are almost exclusively self-checkout now. The last time I was there the lady checking receipts at the exit stopping everyone. 
I didn't choose to participate in that nonsense, so I just skipped the exit line and left. I heard her saying "Sir, Um Sir” as I kept walking and raised the receipt above my head, leaving the store. 
You can either trust me to do self-checkout, or you can put your cashiers back in place like it used to be. I'm not interested in proving that I did your job for you. You want me to be a cashier with no training then that's your problem not mine. Don’t Audit me for a position you refuse to employ any longer. 
Signed,
ME, because I agree 💯%
Just annoys me to scan and bag my purchases and then prove I bought it!!!

Ohhhhh what a lovely AUTUMN day again! Too bad I'm busy or I'd head out for a walk somewhere!

So first thing I "FIXED" my Swirl table runner that I sewed together incorrectly at Sylvia's the other day.  


The one on the left is mine, on the right is left over border fabrics for a gift and larger scrap pieces made into mug rugs and coasters to be sewn up later on!  The rest I've bagged for Adeline!!!

Then headed out to Aunt Monica's Attic to pick up my just restored toddler snowsuit doll - she's a sweetie with those eyes, toes and either an acrylic or mohair wig too!

This is how she arrived - no name yet!

All cleaned up and more vibrant colours!


Eventually I'll scour the thrift stores for the perfect newborn ensemble to dress her up in and display her on too and then the snowsuit Monica could have for another doll or whatever! 😉 Next is the corner unit to display them in with mirrors and glass doors, glad I didn't get the one to match my bookcase units as it's too chunky looking, I want a simple airy looking one! Will check recycle online first!

Then over to the crew for the afternoon and they are staying outside as long as I'm enjoying the fresh air! In the shade it's breezy so the Bernese should be fine!!! I even get pumpkin tarts with whipped cream dollop from Angie! 😋 Yeah were staying outside as it's just perfect in my lighter fall clothes!


Leaves almost gone!!!

Yummy!!!!  Two gone lickety split like!!!

I've copy/pasted this from a group. I had just said that too my dietician yesterday that I HATE taking time out to cook from my quilting, tatting etc! Very appropriate for me!


WOW WOW WOW, this is a first for me in my tatting experience so far! I've been directed and shown how to pass joined thread ends in chains after the new ring added, but no luck at all. Well that is till today, I carried the ends through two chains!!! 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️ Tatting the 'Late Winter Snowflake' by Robin Perfetti found on tattingbythebay.blogspot.com


No comments: