Thursday, July 07, 2022

Catchup - June 30th-July 3rd

June 30th

Ohhhh it's been awhile that I posted my meal pictures! This is a yummy shrimp veggie fruit rice bowl from Poke Mono! 😋


It feels so good having a trim! 🥰



July 1st

Happy Canada Day to family, friends and all! My trusty Dollarama door greeting, anything of value on the hallway side seems to walk from here!


UPDATE: Thank you Pat and Randy for inviting me to Randy's family BBQ! Awesome visiting, food and entertainment by Astro, a young boy's joy for fun! Had to leave 7ish as mosquitoes were ganging up on me even with Mosi-Q!

WOW!!!! One could get real creative with this!


Yahooie!!!! I've finished both rail fence quilt tops that I started at the lake last year from swapped charms and left over mask fabrics. Hopefully I'll get them sandwiched next week and then quilt them soon after!  

Rail Fence #1 with piano keys border is 60 3/4" x 78 3/4" was ready for the borders last year but not finished till earlier this year. Rail Fence #2 with hearts border is 62 1/2" x 80 1/2" was basically sewn up last couple of months. I'm hoping these two will go to Sleep in Heavenly Peace program for Ukraine refugees settling here. If not then to whomever needs them.



I still have lots left behind for another project and I gave away half the leftover mask pieces too!

July 3rd

While relaxing, periodically working on a fabric postcard and moving an end table out of the way, I finished the postcard, ready for mailing off.  

But I'm a might annoyed with sales people! See when I asked a few different times, she said the loveseat was in stock and delivery would be within 10 days after a mutual delivery date and time and that's tomorrow, but no call yet. Today I found out that it was to arrive in Winnipeg within 10 days from the warehouse, then delivery time would be arranged! But when she checked the order, she said there's a delay and it should arrive hopefully by week end! UGH!!!

So here is my PFA swap "National or State Flower" postcard! This was an easy decision! Here is Manitoba’s provincial flower – The Prairie Crocus - an “Anemone patens”, which belongs to the buttercup or crowfoot family!  

My plan.

Just fused!

Individual hairy details in progress.

Quilted!

Completed!

The Back!

It blooms in the early spring once winter has shed it's worst. Many years I’ve gone out for some striking pictures mostly from ground level with a sky background and once made a story board for my sister’s daycare!

My pictures are buried somewhere so I Googled and made my own design and chose my fabrics! I wanted to use my Inktence Pencils for shading but the colours were wrong so thankful for the batiks natural shading. At first I tried to tat the fine hairy stem details but that did not look right. Then I found some fine polyester thread and painfully stitched side by side loops, knotting each on the back, then clipping for the desired look! VOILA lots better if not true!

🤣🤣🤣 yeahhh right!!! I keep cracking my little toes on furniture NOT moved, I won't have any left to know if they are in the right place! 🤣🤣🤣


No comments: