Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Catchup - July 8th-12th

July 8th

WOW I like this rustic look for outdoors!


Well today I've sewn up two sets of Sonja's Windows from strip scraps and now relaxing feet up - sure quiet without Rogers plan working, this time glad internet is Shaw! I'm not sure I like the B&W/R&G ones. Maybe make up two other colour ways and "rippit" and rearrange - or might leave as is! 🙄🙃😵‍💫




The third was the first one made the other day. They all look good and I like this block?
The pattern has 4 across and 5 rows down, HMMM, I'm thinking of keeping same blocks as shown, one colour set across in the row or a mish mash scattered - whichever with sashing around each block.

July 9th

What a lovely morning and I'm glad I got my butt out the door too! Drove over to Lion's Place and met Edna for a stroll down Furby, Westminster to Tall Grass Prairie where we met up with my neighbour and her friend before buying our whole wheat cinnamon buns. Along the way we came across this lonely beautiful rose by itself in this large yard. Then walked back on Home, through Vimy Ridge Park with a stop at McDs for my iced coffee before heading to Edna's to enjoy our treats and a nice visit!



This afternoon I stitched up another set of Sonja's Windows blocks. My planning of types of prints in colour schemes is getting better, I think! Two more sets and I'll have another twin quilt top. It's going to be an interesting top with varied layouts to experiment with.


July 10th

What an awesome idea! Gonna search around and possibly convert one for me and my constant retreats and quilting gatherings!


For those gardeners out there!


Ohhhh I'm having a good time going through this! Some may be iffy but I can see a lot of happy, relaxed and loving behavior in my friends' pets from here! 🥰


https://www.daily-choices.com/meaning-behind-your-dogs-behaviors/

July 11th

What a weird start today but ohhhh how beautiful it turned out! Thank you to our hosts, Dale and Ted, for the lovely afternoon. I brought out "stuff" for chicken taco salads for all of us for lunch! They enjoyed it as much as we do! Then they took us for a ride to Island Park and to see their new home across from there, it's beautiful and very reminiscent to my sister Elsie & Pete's home in Dauphin! Must be the same builder or developer! Then back to their trailer at Miller's Camping Resort and some homemade apple pie and ice cream before heading back to Winnipeg! No rain, just beautiful day with friends in their gazebo!!!


July 12th

Awesome!!!!


Well my plans have been postponed again but that's OK as I finished sewing up my Sonja's Windows blocks today. 

Yesterday's blocks.

Today's blocks. 

Now to decide which layout I want. The 4-blocks together and sashed around, 2 by 3 for a twin quilt OR the 4-blocks across and 6 rows down with sashing only between rows OR 4-blocks across with sashing between blocks in the row and between the rows??? 

4-blocks together with charcoal or cream sashing between.   Two right purples in wrong spots.

I like this lots but not sure if it needs sashings between blocks too.

Or this one with sashing between blocks snd rows.  I like this one lots.

Delimma, delimma, delimma times!!!! I'm leaning towards the 4-blocks across and sashing between rows! HMMMM!!!

No comments: