Sunday, August 08, 2021

Catchup - July 29th-Aug 8th

July 29th

Finally, something to look forward to during this craziness! We're double vaxed and ready to explore!  

First off a week with Sylvia to the RV Park near her friends around Perrault Falls and Dryden. Then back a few days and I squeezed in two nights at Hecla Marina with Edna! Both times we're taking some type of quilting with us!  

After that I think I can handle whatever comes! YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!!

July 30th

WOW, after like 1 1/2 years I joined Edna at the Urban Oasis Mineral Spa for a manicure and Edna a gifted pedicure.  Talk about feeling pampered and intense cleaning a treatment room before the next appointment. 

Then lunch with Pat at the Canadian Brewhouse on Kenaston/McGillivray - awesome food, think I'll go back there again.

Rest of the day quiet time, now watching the Blue Jays back in Toronto after 670 days!

July 31st

OMGG!!!!!  I was totally shocked!!!  Here I was the past two years trying to grow out my hair and just gave up n got it cut off!  Here Florence arrives with the longest hair I've seen on her since high school I think!  WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

Nice to see Florence and Wayne and some shared food, after this Covid lockdown!  Hopefully we'll have a meal together before they return!

She looks like me!

My longer windswept hair.

Her usual short hair.


Aug 2nd

Nice decor but needs a liner or drainage hole with rustproofing?  Or you can cut out the bottom and allow for hanger drainage?



Yes even I'm seeing the truth in this poem and I've hopefully years yet to enjoy life as much as I can! πŸ₯°πŸ’žπŸŽΆπŸŽ‰


How very very very true!!!!!


Yeah!!!!!  I figured out how to do the Loop Tatted Ring by Sabina Carden-Madden (watched her YouTube video) for this pattern instead of the original SSSR technique that is a HUGE unhappy challenge for me.  And since I've six of these "candles" to make in each of the many Candlelight Snowflakes, I'm using the more manageable technique!  πŸ˜‰


Aug 3rd

Cool organizing if you have the wall space?



Hey, check with your children, grands too, for ideas! I'm sure many others uses for recycling tires besides swings! πŸ‘πŸ˜‰πŸ€—


Okay after last night's achy tatting session, I took my prescription to Diamond Athletics to see what kind of brace my Dr suggested in May to relieve the thumb pain I've been dealing with this year. The more carrying bags or handwork I do the worse the night's are! Basically tendonitis, but noted as Quervain tendinopathy, condition that causes pain in the thumb and wrist. So when not using that hand, brace it and rest it!  
I also bought a smaller working brace from them and today finished off the Candlelight Snowflake, by Sabina Carden-Madden, with it on! Lots better but afterwards switched to the immobilizing brace. I'll try to sleep with it as I know I wake sore from clenching my hand. This is gonna slow things down but after 6 months of varying degrees of pain I said enough!!!


Immobilizing brace, pain subsides.


Lighter thumb brace.

My friend just posted pics from here this week! One day maybe I'll get there too!


Aug 6th

Bye to Betty Inseal, our block's caretaker for many years past!  πŸ™  Farewell and may you rest in peace now back home in England with your family!  πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž




My gifts from Betty's family.
Dolphins she treasured now a couple to remind me of Cuba, Teapot and warmer to remind me of our tea visits, and the decanter just because she lived glittery things.

Last night I finished off another Candlelight Snowflake but with slightly bigger and brighter beads, but the same number of stitches on each side. Now I need to reduce a bead or increase the number of stitches so beads lay flat. Not sure which.


Ohhhhh it was sooooo lovely to get out to lunch with friends, this time to the Southdale Village Family Restaurant! I picked up my usual car occupants, Edna and Sylvia, on the way and Bruce drove Dianne over to join us! They have a large selection on their menu and even the Senior menu was large enough portions that we felt stuffed! Hopefully meeting with others soon too!

Aug 7th

Ohhhh my this was taken 5 years ago and it must be close to two last I visited!  But soon I'll come over for a visit with all Katsu, at your new place!  HUGS!!!!


We're at the trailer park, grilled smokies for supper and now have set up the sewing stations. I've decided I'm NOT sewing outside for TWO reasons: 1. darn steps are scary and 2. the flys are pesky!  
We have our own bathroom with spacious shower, thankfully, as cubicle showers are not to my liking. The place looks nice and the Community building has a full kitchen, livingroom with big screen TV and 4 picnic tables along one side. So far it sounds quite! Wonder what the neighbours will say with our sewing!


Our trailer! 




No comments: