Monday, August 30, 2021

Catchup - Aug 17th-22nd

Aug 17th

Awesome day. Sitting out reading, walking the dock n chatting to fishermen, before heading to the Marina for a simple supper and my Ceasars! Finished off with another pier walk n watched a couple boats hauled out! Now feet up on the chaise and relaxing with a book and my OFF smoker! Our room!


Aug 18th

Hmmmmm!  What happened here on Hecla Island???  Woke to no power or water!  Nobody outside, silent as can be!

We woke 7:45 to no power or water and not sure what happened last night. I ache even my stomach so lazy start. Someone went to the hotel for their coffee and our Marina cook using a gas stove brought a jug of coffee for each set of cabins, apparently the hotel is on a different power line or grid. UGH!!!!

Apparently a wicked storm hit just north of us, two Hydro poles down and shingles ripped off the lighthouse. Power should be back on soon to shower and pack. Then we'll walk the lighthouse short path and lunch at the village before heading off.

Not the kind of end we'd like to our vacation but still good!

Well we checked out just before 11 and still no power etc and walked to the Lighthouse point n back before starting back. 

Bye Bye!


Marina from the lighthouse!



Mountain Ash looks pretty!










Marina from the Resort side beach.


Lakeview Resort from the beach.


Trumpet flowers.

Tiger lilies.


Leaving Hecla Village.

Leaving the Marsh.


Along the Causeway.

We tried to lunch on the pier in Hecla Village but it was too windy and cold like off the lake! So we headed to the Marsh and found a protected picnic shelter for our healthy lunch, but just about had to hog tie Edna back to the car as she wanted ANOTHER walk around here. I promised we'll be back and cover this place too! 🤞🤣 Also heard that power would be out most of the afternoon before fixed. 

On our way we saw numerous eagles but they didn't cooperate for photos, a heron that flew away, two swans and a dead heron on the road!

Stopped at Riverton second hand stores, ZIPPO bought, as pricey as our Valu Village. Then onward home! Sheesh I couldn't believe the traffic heading north, like the whole time we drove to the city, glad I wasn't in a hurray to pass etc!

HMMMM!!! I was not impressed to come home to find windows wide open, lampshade askew, far left wall hangings on the floor AND curtains all bundled and in my armchair. I didn't worry about the insulation debris etc to sweep up - BUT DANG IT I'm tired and not happy with setting things right. I do love the new windows and pray they are better than the old drafty windows during the winters!

New livingroom windows August 2021.

Old livingroom window. 

Old livingroom window. 

At least the tub has been recaulked and looks good. I need my shower!!!!!

Aug 19th

Thanks Susan for this chuckle! 🤣🤣🤣  I'm sure I've some family and friends like this.


Aug 20th

Well I did have a lovely lunch and afternoon shopping with Sylvia! I wanted to get new pleated heat/cold blocking drapes but at sale prices, no such luck at all! Will keep looking or I'll have to resort to buying grommet ones, cutting the top off and pleating them myself! Ugh!!!


Aug 21st

Thank you Dianne for meeting me for a lovely lunch at Fionne MacCools and visit. You guys have a wonderful vacation on Nfld Island! Grab some iceberg pictures if they are around!

Aug 22nd

WOW nifty idea for rustic decor!


OMGG Hecla Marina called and they are sending me a $140 credit for the power failure we had on our last day, what a surprise! Thank you Hecla Marina! Plus with the $100 rebate from Manitoba Chamber of Commerce for a staycation, we'll have just about a free two night stay again and just have suppers at the restaurant to buy. So will see if I can book a 2 queen beds room in September. Something to look forward too again!!!!!! 🏘⛵⚓🎉🎶🥂🍺

https://mbchamber.mb.ca/2021/07/27/media-release-mcc-launches-trip-a-tourism-rebate-incentive-program/ 

Yesterday I went shopping for new pleated curtains but found NONE! But I did come home from Fabricland with new sewing machine caddies on sale for $59.50 each for Sylvia and myself! I was hoping to throw away my old and raggedy one but my Brother won't fit in this smaller one, so it's a storage for my old Kenmore in the meantime. Green one is mine naturally!


Animals have some funny sleep positions! Or maybe easier after neutering!

And with the Bernese finally!


Hmmm not sure about these new windows!!! With the old double pane windows I used to be able to leave them open a couple inches without much water entering the apartment. These new single windows were up only 3 inches have my curtain bottoms WET plus water inside and down the wall! Hmmm guess in future they'll have to be closed when I'm not around just in case it's raining.

No comments: