Monday, October 05, 2020

Catchup - Sept 19th - Oct 5th

 Sept 19th

Ohhhh this is AWESOME!  Breakfast on the deck in this gorgeous autumn day!  Even Griffin is enjoying being out.


What an awesome day! I went home for a couple hours to take part in the Aurora Quilter's Zoom session (awesome to see the girls), finished off 3 scrub caps, changed threads and started on 2 of the last 4 to sew up! Hopefully tomorrow evening they will be completed. Then rushed off to Reenders Chamois and got my baby cleaned in and out ready for our Dryden trip! Back to the crew and some outside relaxation!

Sept 20th

Hey where's the warm sun today, that wind is chilly! And Griffin is a wimp and wants in right away. No deal, it's not hot that's for sure! Finally coaxed Wheeler into the area to show how the leaves on the ground, FALL is here and WINTER around the corner!!! AND finally Wheeler got playful and stirred up Griffin some!





Well I finished off the last 7 scrub caps this afternoon so will deliver the remaining 19 caps tomorrow. And here are all the 35 together! So this week I'm off to Sylvia's and when back right back to mask orders! But today I sorted through various bags of scrap fabrics, a good bag were just garbage and a waste of my time, but I've a large bag for myself and two large ones for my friend Adeline, will drop them off tomorrow in Kenora! Now relaxing before packing up!



Sept 21st

Arrived early afternoon at Sylvia's, said HI etc from various friends who wanted me to pass things on. Sylvia says thank you!

Sept 26th

I love this board!

Sept 28th

Well it's been a crazy, sad and joyful few weeks! A few way too early goodbyes that's for sure to some younger and some aged! All I can say is I'm glad I've my hobbies, TV and toys to keep me occupied! Thank you Angela for your mask order, it's finally completed except for the Christmas ones which I'll work on hopefully before the snow falls! I even made a fall leaves mask for myself too! Also Bruce received one weeks ago from the stash. So tomorrow it's back to restocking some of Adele's stash and a few orders to catch up on too!

Sept 29th

Ahhh an awesome day!!! Tried to sew up masks before my hair appointment but had to stop. But I just LOVE my short hair plus the hilites too! If only I turned a silvery grey I'd leave it but not! Top is mousey dull grey and my nape is mousey light brown - GRRR!!!! Now my hair matches my great niece's description of me "a kid at heart"!!! Afterwards I dropped off Angela's masks and visited in the backyard enjoying a lovely autumn day with my friend! Then home to catchup on masks orders before another busy few days! My supper was YUMMY!!! but probably not so nutritious - baked yams, pan fried mushrooms and balogna - YUMMY!!! Now enjoying a glass of wine! HMMMMMM!!!!



Someone suggested quilted pattern pumpkins!!!!  Not my idea or pictures - from Crafty Fun Group FB.

Between furniture hunting with Sylvia, walks with Edna and my errands I've completed the 5 large masks for Adele's and about halfway through maybe 20 mediums, hopefully tomorrow completed.

I've just about forgotten about one of my new quilt wall hangers bought from Born to Quilt in Kenora Ontario. Finally a more of a statement hanger than my basic ones, I'll still keep them but wanted something different.

Sept 30th

Okay these are the last of the masks for Adele's, delivered today sometimes after all my errands etc. Then it's laundry and packup for Dryden again.

Oct 2nd

WOW what a day! A good followup Dr appointment, first or 2 part shingles shot and it was covered 70% by my insurance. Had another appointment, ran a lot of errands, finished/delivered those masks, laundry and dishes. Supper finally and feet up for a rest! Just have to pack my clothes tomorrow morning before taking Sylvia home! I'll be happy to get away for a change of pace hopefully! 😉

We've arrived safe and sound! I did let Sylvia drive from Vermillion Bay as my shingles shot shoulder was paining me. Now we're relaxing.

Okay I know I am whimpy when it comes to pain, but I'm now gone past that point and am looking for some muscle aches n pain meds! Guess the driving and not relaxing may not have helped. 😥

Oct 4th

OOOOHHHHH what a beautiful day it was! We started off with pick up breakfasts and drove over to Sylvia's friends Florence n Roy for a meal with friends. Then Sylvia wanted to go for a ride towards Fort Frances on a road I've never been on. Apparently the place she wanted to stop for lunch landed up like 40 kms or so from Fort Frances so I asked her to take me there and I'll buy Chinese dinner in return. It was a lovely day and she enjoyed the ride. It was hard for me taking pictures on that up n down and side to side movements! 😂😂😂 So I saw another part of Canada I've not been before but we didn't stop anywhere. We got back in time for a pick up pizza supper and now feet up. 🤗🤗🤗🍁🍂🍁







Grouse/partridge/prairie chicken - it was not scared of me!

This is the same bird, it just sucked in and stretched out!















RED, RED, RED finally!


Out Sylvia's front window!

Oct 5th

Well it was an overcast drizzly day, good for packing things and a slow cooker beef roast! So we emptied and packed her three fabric pantries in two sessions, with a trip to get more boxes etc between. Then home for Sylvia to relax and I sewed up two mask orders before prepping carrots and yams to go into the slow cooker. The deer also entertained us too today. Ohhhh but talk about a YUMMY supper and left overs for another scrumptious meal. Now both of us relaxing!

This guy is limping and favouring his left hind leg!


This is a young one!




A family affair!

Sloths, so cute!



No comments: