Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sewing Room Update!

NO I don't have pictures yet as it's still not presentable BUT I made headway today and got the machine end all vacuumed and washed then went out to meet the "crew" at my new client's home (3 dogs, 1 cat and 2 fish tanks).  When I came home had a quick supper and then went back to setting it up with the new area carpet in place too - think I pulled something moving that stuff around though.

So I've put "Rita" the Kenmore into the sewing table, with light and thread holder and got all them plugged in also. Switched the old Singer sewing table with the serger now on the right side - easier to roll over with the chair this way.  Next will be to pack away my Singer from the Kitchen into it's own table and then will probably put the Vintage Singer on top on display.  Hopefully I can find a decent peg board and prop it in back to hang some of my quilting tools there along with my rulers stand too. If not guess I'll have to rethink that corner. I've also moved my box of dowels and rolls of FlexiFirm and some kind of stiffener into the other open corner made by the sewing machine table along the windows and on the right my serger table. For now that is a perfect filler there, the only thing I might consider in the future is a cube like tower shelving unit - will see.

I also found room in my bedroom closet for the sewing tote bags so they aren't in the living room anymore - had gotten rid of the old huge hard sided suitcases earlier on so lots of room in there.  Not now though!

Next is to tackle all the rest of the stuff that's in the middle - UGH!!! Not sure where that'll go - maybe another session of purging again!  Yep I'm pooped from moving that stuff around twice more before it got settled - hopefully for good now.  But it sure does look nice - a little at a time and I will have it mucho better!!!

1 comment:

Dianne Leatherdale Johnson said...

Blocks lookin' good! Sewing room soundin' good!