Sunday, October 02, 2011

Lace Retreat 2011

Yes, my second lace retreat with the Northern Lights Lacemakers of Winnipeg!  This time my tatting buddy Michelle joined us and she enjoyed they company and all the perks of a retreat and I enjoyed her company on my walks around the property and community.  That is until we strayed off the beaten path and got lost in Pollock Island - yes I was getting a mite anxious but her explanation of the sun made me realize we WERE going in the right direction and sure enough 5 minutes more and we found one of the tourist cairns and a pathway was more visible!!!  MICHELLE!!!  Here I thought I was the adventurous one!  HUH!!!
Anyways I tatted the weekend away and this time I did get many small projects finished - YEAH!!! 

Plain - as instructions
Rose Anne figured out how to add beads!


Thimble - won't be making again!!!


I can definitely tell you I WON'T be tatting this baby again - it was all tat, tie and cut each round and one of the ladies said it could pass as a Jelly Fish with all the ends from the inside hanging down.  AND you know I just might do some type of stitch with each end that twists them and attach it to my Under the Sea crazy patch block and remove that so-so sheer jelly fish I was attempting with yarn for legs!!!
 
Hard at work making bobbin lace!

Video on how to make Honiton lace.

Mary & Ann both made totes for their pillows.

Rise's 15 hour bookmark!

Michelle looking for ideas!

I's struggling with the pattern.

Here we enter our adventure!!!

We made it out!!!


A break to check out the
St. Norbert Farmers Market

Now I'll let a few of Michelle's pictures entice you to check out our Blog (no pics up as yet) for more information on the Northern Lights Lacemakers - some of them are heading down to Minneapolis next fall for a lacemakers convention - probably not me!

1 comment:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

What a wonderful looking event! I wish I knew more about lace and lace making!
Hugs,
Kerry