Monday, October 10, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Hope all have enjoyed a wonderful fall weekend - weather permitting!

Sunset - approaching Neepawa MB

Well I did travel 4 hours to my home town (Dauphin, Manitoba) in a horrific wind storm (gusts up to 95 km/hr) for the first hour and the last three were basic winds with no gusts - yes lots to be thankful for arriving safe and sound.  See as I left the city my window was down about 3 inches (going only 70 km/hr) and once into the open I got pelted with three tiny stones - not quite a sandstorm but I'd say close - yep the window was closed promptly and it sounded like hail.  A semi ahead of me that had two trailers was moving in a wide sideways V formation forward on the road alternating from outwards to inwards V's and talk about scarey.  Then up ahead some was a half or 3/4 ton truck with sheets of glass in a stand up unit within it's box - now this was totally ludicrous!  Seel the whole vehicle was tilted about six inches up on the left side angling towards the right side and I expected anytime that the next gust was going to toss it over into the ditch!  I debated returning home but decided to hope it calmed down once I turned north off the Trans-Canada and I was right it did and my heart beat calmed down too. :)))  This was my LAST trip in my old BOMB as the kids call my Parisienne - yep she was only to be around a couple of years, instead it turned out to be five iffy years - took her back to my mechanic for spare parts or whatever!


I had a lovely weekend with my younger sister but no turkey, her partner BBQd steaks, while she baked potatoes and made ceasar salad - YUMMY!!!  Then Sunday morning Florence asked if I would like her to attempt making apple pancakes (similar to those we always enjoy at the Pancake House) - sure I said - so I peeled the apples for her!  Well at first it did not seem like we were gonna ever have them and Wayne took off for golfing without eating and finally they were ready.  I thought they were great but she said only OK - go figure - needless to say I devoured mine promptly and without syrup - honest they tasted just like the PH ones - maybe apples too soft but still delicious!!!  Then she dropped me off to catch the Greyhound bus for the ride back to Winnipeg. 

Monday morning I slept in and then had to rush to gather my stuff and head out the door for our Ravenesque gathering - stitching with a few fabric artists.  I did finish off my part on a SewBuds RR block and then continued on the Chain of Hearts DYOB swap block (needs more work yet before pics).  I just LOVE these stitching days and sometimes I do pick up pointers and understand what they are talking about - sometimes I just stitch - totally lost!  Other times I get their valued opinions on my stitching or what to do next!

Basically I anchored the lace trim into place over the yellow patch with green blanket stitch, did a wrap stitch around the lace spokes and anchored a centre bead for 6-legged spiders and the odd green seed bead at the edges to anchor.  Over the weekend I had tatted with seed beads my favourite Allison Edging and anchored that on the straight lace edge but it still needed something.  Dianne gave me a smaller glass disc and I finally did a beaded collar I liked so to speak anchoring this into place.  Now this RR block is ready to be mailed off tomorrow and I'll be off onto the other projects.
Susan N's block after Rose Anne
Rose Anne's work left corner

1 comment:

Judy said...

I like the thing with the blanket stitch winding around, and the red beads in the intersections! If you know what I mean...