Wednesday, October 26, 2011

OH MY!!!

Gosh so much going on and I don't know where to start!

First off I smoked my computer and didn't have a "start up" for a day until I found my backup discs and "recovered" the SystemsConfig file - HEY don't get me wrong, I am not computer literate - only following onscreen instructions until it did not work like I wanted it to.  So now I have Internet access but NONE OF MY FILES OR PICTURES or my newly uploaded 2010 MS programs.  YIKES!!!  Well Tom my computer techie says they are probably still there but just hidden and when he's back from his two weeks vacation he'll restore my computer once again.

WELL I can tell you I'll be doing a backup of my system, documents and pictures on a regular basis from now on!!!  This hurts badly as I can't get to files I would like for the time being - at least I PRAY that is so.  PHEW, what would I do without him I do not know as I've heard many people who've taken their PCs to stores for fix its just are not happy, whereas mine is always fixed and runs better than previously.  Thank you Tom!!!

Then, I'd like you to meet McDuff, my new house sitting pet.  We've adjusted to each other very quickly and no interruption to his eating or sleeping that I can tell.  He greeted me no problem at all and when settled to watch hockey with a glass of wine he promptly jumped into my lap for some pets and his begging for "armpit" scratches - talk about funny!  I'll know more today when I get home.

In the mean time I had finished off Cris' RR block from SewBuds.  Here it is.


I embellished the top yellow patch only but not the seam treatment.  That is my crocheted pansy and then I used my Edmar Brazillian rayon threads for the wrapped stem and various sized leaves in satin stitch.  I used a thinner rayon and feather stitched some filler stems.  For accents I added pearl beads to the pansy and attached some tatted butterflies with beaded bodies.


Then Sunday night I stitched together the following heart block for Susan N for the SewBuds BOM heart activity and last night with much difficulty I finally got the biased edging turned under and the heart stitched onto the backing.  Yes I did some "rippit" a couple of times as it was crooked - WELL it still is but hopefully there is enough fabric for Susan to maybe square it off.  Sorry my dear.

So now I'm going to relax tonight and I've all my sewing stuff packed for my quilting retreat weekend.  Will be a first not to actually SEW something, but I find that very relaxing so will miss it too.  Just did not want to haul to much unnecessary stuff for a couple of days.

2 comments:

Judy said...

He's a cutie!! I like the aloe plant with the rocks he is sitting beside!

crazyQstitcher said...

What a bee-ootiful heart.