Friday, April 22, 2011

More Postcards!

FINALLY my March 15th FunFriendly Mixed Media postcards are finished and will be mailed off tomorrow - just too much happened this first quarter of 2011.  Hopefully things will now settle down and my life will also settle down some.

Now my idea of mixed media is not as expanded as some may think this topic could be, but I've sort of incorporated more than just fabric items:

1.  background is a rubbery feel upholstery fabric
2.  parts of a doily added
3.  seed beads stitched and crystal like disks glued in place
3.  some scrapbooking metal flower for decor along with a metal bird stitched down
4.  paper butterfly in two layers - once received the top layer can be lifted and folded for a 3-D effect

Swapped postcards #447, 448, 449

#446 - extra one

Mine #450 - notice the 3-D butterfly

I wanted to add some yarn somewhere but liked the looks as is, so I stopped and finished off the postcard assembly.

No comments: