Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stitching Party!

It was lovely to be around others who LOVE their stitching as much as you do yourself and to enjoy the ambiance, supper prepared for you and finish off the evening with a few purchases at a discount!  Yes just lovely and I even tatted three dragonflies (will post those maybe tomorrow) in between the chatting.  Kathryn also prepared a make and take project and I came home with my very own Swarski crystal bracelet and I just love it (first time for me). 

And my purchases were a emerald crystal and charm scissor fob by Kathryn, a couple of metallic threads to try tatting the butterflies and dragonflies for some pizzazz and then lo and behold on the counter was the spring 2010 "A Needle Pulling Thread" magazine and featured on the cover is my dear friend Dale Anne Potter's Wrapping up Memories album - YAHOOIE!!!  So yes I now have my own copy and the next time I visit Dale Anne I'll take it and have her autograph it for me!!!  WOW I just love it when I see people I actually know being published!!!  Way to go my dear friend!

Then to make the evening even more special Kathryn got updates on the men's gold medal curling game - YAHOOIE!  Way to go Canada on winning the gold in curling, speed skating, another in snowboarding and a bronze in 4-man bobsled.  WOW!!!  Let's hope the men's hockey tomorrow will be a gold too - just play it clean but yet intense and do their best!!!

2 comments:

Dale Anne said...

THANKS!!!
I knew the project would be in that issue but to be on the cover was FABULOUS!

katiejayinpa said...

Sounds like so much fun R0se Anne....and your bracelt is very pretty....... :>)